• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Jake Cassidy

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd love to think so, but Wolves will surely require a fee and we'll be hard pushed to match Jake's wages. However, as with James Wallace, it would be a good career move for him. He's going nowhere at Wolves but he'd be in the shop window at Rovers, playing for a manager who believes in him.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The rumour on the Wolves forums at the moment is that he will be loaned to Shrewsbury. Unfortunately this seems to make sense, as they loaned McAlinden to the Shrews earlier in the season.

Either way, Ronnie effectively said this week that we can only bring a player in if we can ship someone out. So we just need to find a club willing to take Sodje.:oops:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I seem to remember Ronnie saying we had first refusal on Jake, but I suppose if we don't have the cash, we can't do business. I can't think of any players we would want to let go that any other club would want.

Player
Manager
John King
There is always a possibility Wolves will think Prenton Park is the best place for his development, regardless of the financial contribution we can make. After all, a non-scoring striker low on confidence is not much use to them and Rovers are as likely as any club to bring the best out of him again.

Player
Manager
John King
Ronnie confirmed in his press conference today that we will be able to bring Cassidy back provided we can ship someone (probably Akpro or Sodje) out on loan.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There no way we be able get rid of Sodje so the only hope is we can send out JLAA

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think JLAA may benefit from a loan to a League Two club. He needs regular football to regain his confidence. Potentially, he's a good player.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Jim McNulty has gone to Bury on 18 month deal, wouldn't have minded us signing him.

Player
Manager
John King
Jim McNulty has gone to Bury on 18 month deal, wouldn't have minded us signing him.

I am not sure he was good enough going on his later performances for us (eg. Peterborough in the cup, Carlisle) and Ash did not seem comfortable playing alongside him towards the end. Hopefully Arthurworrey will be a long term solution at centre half: we definitely need to get a settled partnership at the back as the back four has obviously been our major problem this season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with bigmart, think he'd have been a reasonable signing for us, had more good than bad games during the loan spell.
Arthurworrey...perhaps. There hasn't been much indication about extending his loan, though Ronnie did make some remark about extending Pennington's spell. Haven't seen enough of him to make up my mind. I do feel that particularly while we're mainly playing 4-5-1, strengthening the defence is at least as important as recruiting an out of form striker.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would prefer to have our own players signed up and playing than rely too much on loans. Arthurworrey is on a youth loan im not sure we can extend over 93 days.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Somebody who posts on another site says hes signing on loan this week

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I hope so. That should provide a positive boost going into the Crewe game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ian I would agree though I think we could do with another centre half too.

Player
Manager
John King
Regarding the centre halves, I think we need to stick with Arthurworrey now and let him develop a partnership with Taylor. I think the lack of continuity in the back four - whether forced or unenforced - has contributed to our defensive problems this season.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Jake joins in training from today and will be at the club for 3 months. Let's hope he can pick up where he left off last time he was with Rovers.

Player
Goodison
He wont play Stockton because we're playing 1 upfront and Lowe is playing well, but then he signs Cassidy?! I'm not against getting Cassidy but it's clear that he's lying over why Stockton isn't playing as I would expect us to revert to 4-4-2 now. He could have done that with Stockton ut clearly doesn't rate him /Ronnie only players other clubs youngsters.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Great news and hopefully something to raise spirits in the camp ahead (especially JLAA who has been useless of late) of a vital game this Saturday. It will be interesting how Jake links up with Lowe and what system Ronnie actually plays.

Player
Manager
John King
Ronnie only players other clubs youngsters.

In fairness, this is not true because Power and Kirby have both played regularly in the last 6 to 12 months.

At the present time Cassidy is better than Stockton, so I think this is a great signing which gives us some added quality which we badly need. Cole still has another eighteen months on his contract and I am sure his time will come.

Player
Liam Palmer
Hmmm, I would think this means Ronnie is going to go for an 'attack-or-be-damned' policy. Presumably it will be in Cassidy's loan deal that he has to play (like Atkinson) and he's not going to drop Lowe to make way for Jake. Could be an interesting three months. Ronnie's instincts have always been 442 and attack teams, which is ironic as some of our better results this season have been on the back of 451. Let's just hope the front two get the service and we score more than our leaky defence concede.

As for Cassidy being better than Stockton, well Jake has played for a top 6 team all season and hasn't scored all season (indeed he only netted 1 goal in his last 11 games for Rovers which makes me wonder when the last time he actually scored was...), Stockton has three this season in a struggling team.

Last roll of the dice, Ronnie.....?