• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Iron v Rovers

Match result

• Scunthorpe

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
70 mins gone. Still 0 shots on target. 72% possession BTW.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Scunthorpe commentator just said if Tranmere had a centre forward they’d be dangerous !

ADD

Player
Norwood
Can't pin it all of it on lack of a striker - where are the midfielders breaking through and scoring or someone who can cross a ball from a corner (ie not Feeney) who can deliver quality crosses for NKP/ Clarke to score a few.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't blame the lads on the field but I do blame the club for getting into this position. We have Glatzel, an unproven youngster from Liverpool and Nevitt who has taken a huge step up. You can't expect them to score the goals for us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Absolutely awful result against a poor team, no spark, no pace, no creativity, no goals.

It looks like we have signed poorly or can't get the best out of what we have signed so far.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Two points of the relegation zone and two points off the play-off places, you wouldn’t credit it really. Surely we’ll start scoring soon, but then again I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Even if we had a striker that we’re hoping for, they’d struggle to score with the current service.
Didn’t think we’d repeat the drabness of the tail-end of last season, but it’s getting pretty close.
Things can only get better, can’t they?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Totally unacceptable. We have not scored for 4 games. No excuses as we had our full squad apart from Scott Davies who has an excellent deputy. We could not beat one of the worst teams in this league.

There is too much negativity around the club at the moment. Yes, we still need players, but those that we have got should be capable of scoring goals and winning matches.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Well I didnt think it could get much worse...but it has...72% possession ....4 shots....NONE on target...if it hadnt been for MOM Murphy that would have been a thrashing.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
But that's the problem Boz. This is our best team but we simply do not have the quality up front. Defence and midfield looks fine but you can see where the problem is. McManaman looks the brightest out of our forward options so I'm hoping he can unlock something.
Why not give young Jolley a chance !

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I missed the first ten minutes so can’t comment on the penalty but after that it was business as usual. So much of the ball especially in wide areas in their third but no one on end of things. Yes some deliveries were poor but some were ok and there are major issues with strikers having the movement and knack of getting on the end of them. Lost count of Feeney getting it wide and him or cogley putting a ball in. Even if the penalty wasn’t right they still deserved it with Murphy having saves to make with their keeper having nothing.

The only positive is that there are still 41 games left this season but a lot of work needed and new signings

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky very critical post match about the lack of desire shown to attack crosses.

As an side and thinking about poor signings, Maguire must not be highly though of as an unfit McDonald started ahead of him and then merrie came on at LB.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Micky very critical post match about the lack of desire shown to attack crosses.

As an side and thinking about poor signings, Maguire must not be highly though of as an unfit McDonald started ahead of him and then merrie came on at LB.
Maguire barely played at Morecambe so only going to be back up.