• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Iron v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Thought I would get this one started early.

The likely absence of Wallace from midfield will be a major test in this game; I would assume Harrison will replace him, which may actually give Palmer more licence to get forward. Liam has probably been the more impressive of the two central midfielders in the last 3 or 4 games so it will be interesting to see how he copes with the responsibility.

Elsewhere, I would expect Thompson to keep his place, as he is disciplined and hardworking defensively whatever his attacking shortcomings; Bell Baggie is more erratic away from home.

Scunthorpe's form had improved in recent weeks prior to their defeat at Pompey on Saturday, with Leon Clarke appearing their major attacking threat, having scored in each of the last 5 games.

We are certainly due a result at Glanford Park: last season's defeat began the sequence of results which did for Les, the visit prior to that ended in heartbreak.

With our goalscoring threat I feel this is a game we can win, but I would settle for two points from the next two matches, which would secure top spot going into the Yeovil game.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
If Wallace doe,nt make it i would put robo in his place... move up zumo and bring in black ( yea i know he,s not 100 match fit ..but this way is a way of keeping our progressive line up that will hurt teams )

harrsion is ***** ..like mcurk despite how old (experienced) they are ...there not complete players..and never will be ..both will be out of the full time game in the next few years imo..! ok as bodies to put on mid match but nothing more..
Power Differnt story ..he,s another talent who could go all the way...will rm see this ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wallace looks likely to be out, while there are doubts over Cassidy and Robbo.

For away games, I don't think we should weaken the defence by moving Zoum forward as amplesou suggests. Black didn't look that impressive when I saw him pre-season and isn't match-fit. If we have to go down that route, I'd rather move Gibson to left-back and recall Goodi(if fit) or McChrystal in the centre. Far better to leave the defence well alone and cope with the absent Wallace in other ways. Unfortunately they are likely to involve starting Danny Harrison#-o

Scunthorpe looked quite a decent side on the last game of last season. Since then, Alan Knill has done something of a hatchet job on the squad, without the success of drwhoman's fave manager Mr Westley :) Clarke has certainly made a difference after they started this season very badly.

I would be content with a point, but expecting us to lose this one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wallace looks likely to be out, while there are doubts over Cassidy and Robbo.
I thought Robbo and Cass looked off the pace on Saturday. Got a feeling this will be a tough game with a few of the first teamers out.

We shouldn't judge Harrison too harshly though if he does step in, lets be confident that he does a decent job in the middle.

Never liked this ground, don't think we have much luck there, so I'm settling for a draw.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This could be the game when we realise how thin our squad is without certain key players. My prediction is a 2-0 defeat, as at Port Vale when Wallace and Robinson last missed out. Hope I'm wrong - like I usually am.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Could be a tricky game if we are without a few players but still think we may just nick it 2 1

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gibson also an injury doubt according to o/s

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Gibson, Wallace and Robbo all start.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Lol, r u listening to merseyside too

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The only change is Bell-Baggie in for Thompson, who isn't even on the bench. Presumably ill/injured. I'm a bit surprised all three of the injury doubts start and hope they are fully match-fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.