• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Instagram scandal

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Were any of you involved in this? https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2020/may/club-statement-regarding-efl-instagram-post/

It seems that pictures of our play-off win last season were posted on EFL's Instagram but our fans had problems posting comments. When they did, they were removed. I would imagine many fans would have used the opportunity to criticise the EFL's handling of resolving how to finish this season. It looks suspiciously like those posts were blocked or removed, but the EFL are denying it. It smells of a clumsy attempt to avoid criticism and bad publicity. I'd like to see this given some publicity and fully investigated. If so, it might just affect the outcome to our season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sounds like someones having a laugh at our expense. Blighters..

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I also wonder if we’re gaining ammunition to take action against the EFL should relegation be enforced, even though MP has previously said to the contrary. Similarly, I think he’s fully aware that the EFL would never pass his proposals to end the season but if the question was raised in a legal battle about presenting an alternative conclusion to PPG he now has all bases covered.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The EFL maintain that it may have happened because of a “technical upgrade” by Instagram but have declined to provide us with any information regarding what this technical upgrade was, or when it occurred, despite our repeated requests.
Pathetic organisation the EFL are.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Interesting article in the mail by Martin samuel, mp has said a league executive has told him that teams do not have to play each other twice to constitute a complete season. So that contradicts the prerevious 150 years of football then.

This is further evidence of the incompetence of the efl.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This all points to us losing the vote on Monday and facing relegation. However, despite probably having the majority of clubs supporting their proposal, the EFL are on dodgy ground legally. It is clear that MP and others like the Peterborough owner are not going to take it lying down.

If the EFL have any sense, they will allow MP's proposal to be put to the clubs. Despite its merits, I think it would fail. What I think WILL happen is that it will all get settled in the courts. That might benefit us, but it would be bad publicity for football.