• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Indian Super League

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
New season has started with Chris Dagnall getting a goal for Kerala Blasters.

Other ex rovers playing in the ISL include Iain Hume back after his spell with us and Steve Simonsen.

Must be a good little earner I would guess.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The quality must be really bad if Iain Hume is back there, as he was disappointingly poor last season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The quality must be really bad if Iain Hume is back there, as he was disappointingly poor last season.
But he'd done quite well in India before coming to us.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
But he'd done quite well in India before coming to us.

I think that just corroborates Ian's point though. Indian League must be shocking if Humey can be successful there in the condition he is now. Never looked remotely match fit in all the time he was with us last season.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree that Hume's return was very disappointing, although part of that was down to Adams' handling of him. Arguably a carefully deployed, if unfit, Iain Hume could have contributed to our survival effort.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Maybe George Green will end up there - he has just been released by Oldham after signing a 2 yr. contract in the summer after he left Everton. Given our issues with wingers, could he be any worse than Jackson or Ridehalgh on the wing? Plus GB may have a connection with him given his Everton days. Unlikely but I'd offer him a deal until the end of the season. Maybe GB could get the best out of him.

Oldham also have Jake Cassidy not even warming their bench whilst Zoumana Bakayogo (what a player he was before he went to Leicester) is training with Crewe after 2 yrs. of knee problems.

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Of the players Sparky mentions, Green would be the most valuable to us if he could rediscover his form. However, I am not sure we can take the risk as he clearly has big problems off the field.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really liked George Green when he arrived but he faded quickly and became frustrating to watch.