• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Imps v Rovers

Imps v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Sincil Bank Stadium
Monday, April 22, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 22, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
we have sold over 1000 .and are waiting on the final 232 another great backing and mk couldn,t even sell 350

ADD

Player
Norwood
We could have done without Lincoln losing yesterday - now they can confirm Champions at home if they beat us.... before yesterday's games I had high hopes that having won yesterday they would field their fringe/ youth players against us.... going to be a lot more difficult now and with our injuries piling up I think we will do well if we get a draw...

Player
aldo
i think we will get a draw from this hope nors don.t play give him a rest let mullin play and see what goes . again the team are gonna have massive support with 1225 sold so far brilliant again.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I can only see a draw at best and will go for 1 1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed bigmart. I think the injuries to key players will see us struggle. Id be surprised if we came away with any points.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I share the general apprehension about this fixture. Playing the league leaders who need a win on home turf to confirm promotion as champions, though that may drop to a point depending on how Mansfield fare, is never easy. Throw in our poor record at the San Sincil and it would be a challenging game, even before factoring in all our injuries.

I missed the home game, but it sounded like the Imps were totally on top in the first half, but a tactical adjustment from Micky replacing Stockton with Gilmour changed the game and Rovers ended up deserved winners. Can Micky pull another ace out of the pack for Monday?

My inclination would be to pack the midfield for this one. We need Banks for the potential killer ball, but defensively he's weak and Harris doesn't have the workrate or pass and move game of Perkins. Bringing Gilmour into midfield with CJ on the left and Morris on the right supporting Mullin as the lone striker feels the best way to go. It will be interesting to see if McNulty is on the bench or Gumbs/another youngster or if Buxton provides all the defensive cover. Given our current lack of luck with injuries, I'd prefer another defensive sub alongside Adam.

SuperJase

Player
Jason Koumas
Couldn't agree more with your proposed 11 Boz. We were absolutely murdered in that first half when we played the Imps at PP. Gilmour is well overdue a chance to shine. I do have a good feeling we might do it though, just as Coopers had Micky's number, Micky had the Cowley's on toast last time.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, I agree with Boz's proposed tactical changes. We were poor in midfield on Friday and I think we will be overrun if we set up the same way against a better side. In addition to the Lincoln home game, we also played a 4411 with Gilmour behind Mullin at Morecambe, the only other league game Nors has missed. We played well and won that day, albeit we are obviously playing a different calibre of opposition tomorrow. However, I would be tempted to start Pringle rather than Morris, as he has more quality on the ball.

It is just frustrating that we will effectively be playing the team from the first half of the season tomorrow due to injuries, rather than the strengthened, post New Year line up. A draw will end our automatic hopes but would still be a good result in the circumstances.

With Lincoln aiming for the title in front of a full house, with 1,040 SWA in attendance, it should be quite an occasion.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
It'll be soul destroying if we get murdered there and I don't think we can afford any of the starting 11 to have an off day.
Maccs and Cheltenham have both gone there in recent weeks and drawn. Their home record for conceding goals isn't the best so there's reasons to be cheerful.
As has been said, two points needed to secure playoffs. Would be a travesty for the effort that's gone into the last dozen games, on and off the pitch, if we don't get them.
Sooner rather than later please!

Player
ian goodison
we need to be tight in defence so would start with buxton over caprice who was all over the place Friday, agree with giving Gilmore a go but have found micky to be quite stubborn at times, would be made up with a draw

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It actually seems Lincoln have got a few injury problems of their own, with Andrade and Anderson both likely to miss out, in addition to Shackell who is suspended.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That's quite good news regarding their injuries. Let's hope it's a competitive game and we all know Rovers like to keep surprising us when we least expect it.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Caprice has to be most improved player this season. Yeah, he messes up every now and again, but when he does his speed gets him back in situ.
Love him despite some of his crosses that go for a thow in.

Player
aldo
we haven,t played happy Gilmore .since we got him . think it will be mullin up top can wee nors not being involved . im staying positive 1-0 with a 97th min Mellon 45 yard lob . lol ..... with 1200 super whites in the house we just need to play well