• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Imps v Rovers

Imps v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Sincil Bank Stadium
Monday, April 22, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Monday, April 22, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There seems to be quite a gulf in ADD and RLC assessments of Gumbs! It doesn’t look like McNulty will play again, saw mention of Ridehalgh awaiting a scan, so down to Manny and Buxton as the central defensive options?

Norwood looking fitter is good news, but he seems to be struggling to convert chances recently. Credit to him for the honest tweet about today, hopefully back on target for the Bury game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am probably being a bit harsh about Gumbs. He has hardly played any senior football, which you have to make allowances for, and he was up against very tough opponents.

However, I did think he looked like a youth player out of his depth at times, and I would worry if we were relying on him in the play offs.

drwhoman

Sounds very positive RLC. Thanks. Might Gumbs be excused given his lack of playing time? It would be great if Gilmour was given a go more often perhaps? A young player with some potential from what I see on the replays. Has to be the right system I suppose.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
In fairness to Gumbs, he has not played with the other players before and was playing away at the league champions. Remember what a poor game Manny and Mark had the first time they played together. I saw Evan make an assured debut at Luton in League One but he's hardly featured since. For various reasons, he's never had much of a chance. Personally I'd play him in our last two games to see if he's good enough for the playoffs and a new contract.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Gumbs made his debut at Luton when we were bottom of League Two ? We need to play our strongest available team on Saturday. If the Crawley game becomes meaningless, that is the time to rest players.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
RLC is right, Gumbs came on for an injured Josh Thompson at Luton, when we were unlucky to lose 1-0. Looked good back then, but his career hasn't developed in the way we might have hoped since. If he's fit, at least a contender for the bench v Bury, given other absentees.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy