• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

if you won the lottery

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

if you won the lottery(all 6 balls not just a tenner) would you buy trfc??

• Total voters
C

championship_here_we_come

if you won the lottery(all 6 balls not just a tenner) would you buy trfc??

M

Matthew The Rover

You only need to get three balls anyway :lol:

C

Matthew The Rover said:
You only need to get three balls anyway :lol:

not that funny really were 5-6 million in debt so it would cost at least that realisticaly to buy us

S

Seanyb

15 quid a share when there true value is a pound each!!! i dont think so

DixieDean

no chance and i doubt any financial advisor would recommend it if you ever wanted to see any of your money again!

I could think of 100 things I'd rather "waste" my money on :D :D

i personally wouldn't buy rovers,but i'd buy a few players.
Nathan Tyson from wycombe would be the first aswell. :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It would be nice to invest in some players. Give them 2m and see what they could do with that..

However this is very easy to say when you haven't won. If I did win, I'd be off abroad never to be seen again :D

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I woud give them some! No were not 5million in debt at Talking Tranmere Lorraine said our financial position is very secure.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Depending on how much the jackpot is I would buy Tranmere. If I won a couple of million (not enough to buy the club outright) then i'd give some money to invest in the team.

C

bolton_hater said:
I woud give them some! No were not 5million in debt at Talking Tranmere Lorraine said our financial position is very secure.

right lets get this sorted we are in debt to wirral concil and tahts why they sponsor us in effect we dont pay them any money for the debt and they get free advertising we also owe johnsson 5 or so million of which he gets paid somethiong like 60k a month for

lorraine is referrering our yearly revenue when comparred to are yearly costs, last time i bothered to getting a end of year finacial report of tranmere were fairly equal

thus meaning we are in a stable position steadily paying off our debt's

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
just to let you know that we don't owe johnson the money anymore

T

The Blow Up Doll

Why does everyone say that we are in debt

Regarding this question of would i buy if i won lottery, then yes i would simply because i would want Mr Johnson's name totally out of TRFC'S history.

As this man, even tho he had thas saved us and kept us afloat since 1987(he does deserve praise) but in 1994 he decided to go across the water.

This is where the Problem started for TRFC and is still suffering untill one brave person, like myself(or another one of those 9,000 or so supporters) or Mr White or this other guy from norway!!!! because this 6 MILLION that is being stated is not our problam but Mr Johnson's, as HE was the one who decided to go across the river, and HE was the one who decided to SELL to Mr Corfe, and HE was the one who CHOSE to be A GUARANTUR FOR THE LOAN THAT MR CORFE TOOK OUT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE THE SHARES FROM MR JOHNSON.

So at the end of the day, the problam lies with Mr Johnson because all that money from sales is just disapearing into thin air!!!!!

going right back to the simoenson deal..................... how much have we received from sales of players!!!!!!!

C

bolton_hater said:
just to let you know that we don't owe johnson the money anymore

since when???
can someone please clear this up for me as i thought i was 100% sure we were still paying johnson

B

Banana Army

Id never give tranmere money to buy players.

Id say heres 2 million and I BUY the players. Like it or lump it. Im not Having Brian buying every player under the sun he's ever managed for a grand total of 2 mill when we could by 4 decent players for a mill and the other mill on there wages

C

Re: Why does everyone say that we are in debt

The Blow Up Doll said:
going right back to the simoenson deal..................... how much have we received from sales of players!!!!!!!

right heres the ones i know (i think there right)

thornton (booo hiss) - 250k compo
koumas - 2.5mil
taylor- 750k could increase
hume - 500k could increase

so thats 3.5 million

simo 3.3 million although we all know we never got that

Player
Morrisey
I would buy myself a place on the board and try to turn the club around then gradually take it over!

DixieDean

The Blow Up Doll said:
So at the end of the day, the problam lies with Mr Johnson because all that money from sales is just disapearing into thin air!!!!!

what an absolute load of nonsense!

if it wasn't for Mr Johnson's money, we would have sunk without trace and would be sitting (at best) in the conference right now.

Secondly, the guy has not demanded his money back. We still owe him 6million quid and he has put no pressure on the club to pay this back.

If he chose to demand back the money we owe him, we would go out of business within the blink of an eye.

I cannot blame him for jumping at the chance to own a bigger club.
He could easily have demanded his money back then, which would have seen us collapse, but he didn't.

J

Johnny King is God

Point of fact - Johnson is a lifelong LIVERPOOL FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DixieDean

championship_here_we_come said:
thornton (booo hiss) - 250k compo
koumas - 2.5mil
taylor- 750k could increase
hume - 500k could increase

so thats 3.5 million

simo 3.3 million although we all know we never got that

we got about 1.3 for Simo I think.

koumas's fee was £2.25m

so that a total of about 5 million since 1998.

over seven years, that's roughly £700k a year and I believe our operating losses each year are between £500k and £800k (depending on cup runs etc).

Add to that the fact that Corfe didnt run the club like a business and had us losing money hand over fist. The guy also "allegedly" billed TRFC for hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of "work" that his CorfeStone business apparently never even carried out.

Fred Williams took over from Corfe and cut down our operating losses massively (with redundancies). What he started was improved further by Lorraine when she took over, finally running the club like a business.

without player sales or cup runs we apparently need an average home gate of 10,000 to break even over a season. That's 2,500 less than we are getting. At an average of say £10 a ticket that's almost £600k a year (which makes sense considering the above operating losses figure).