• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

If BL goes, who would you want in charge?

smilingmart

sam miguel said:
So your saying that Brian Little is more important to you than Tranmere Rovers Football Club?

He's the manager!! YES he's more important than the club; he runs the team!! If he succeeds the team succeeds!!

He's the most important man at Tranmere!!

C

championship_here_we_come

smilingmart said:
sam miguel said:
So your saying that Brian Little is more important to you than Tranmere Rovers Football Club?

He's the manager!! YES he's more important than the club; he runs the team!! If he succeeds the team succeeds!!

im sorry but that is bollox's so if you support the manager before the club so when he leaves i persume you will follow him to his next club and not stay here with TRFC

S

sam miguel

championship_here_we_come said:
im sorry but that is bollox's so if you support the manager before the club so when he leaves i persume you will follow him to his next club and not stay here with TRFC

I can’t agree more. How can a manager be more important than a club and how you can you say that "the club" is unquantifiable? That is just ignorant; here is a link that may help link.

Player
Morrisey
No matter who is in charge I will always follow the club. BL could have made some shocking decisions last season and Hume, Hall and Taylor could have got him out of trouble. this season he has no safety net and is struggling

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer sound like a brian little fan more than a tranmere fan.

smilingmart

championship_here_we_come said:
smilingmart said:
sam miguel said:

I'm loyal to the manager of tranmere rovers whoever that is at any given point in time. When manager x leaves I am then unwaveringly loyal to the next manager. You can criticise him and chant for his head as much as you like but it wont help the team he manages, in fact it will just pile further pressure on him and the players.

It's called Loyalty. Look that up in your dictionary.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I agree mate... If any negative chants are shouted at matches it won't help the players, even if it isn't directly aimed at them. Just get behind the team (including the manager and his staff)!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
No. If we shout stuff at them it gives them a kick up the backside I think. Players know we shout at them they know theyre doing crap and fans shout at them it gives them a kick and will make them play better.

smilingmart said:
I really am sick of this 'I pay my money therefore I can do anything' attitude. It seems to only apply to football.

If I pay to watch a group play and think they suck, I walk out and dont watch them again/buy their merchandise.

If I pay for my shopping at Sainsburys and dont like the standard of food, I go somewhere else.

I don't in either case shout obscenities at the band/manager or any other person because I dont like what I paid £15 for. It's time people realised that what we're really attacking is something we can't admit; that we are fed up with ourselves/our existence and that we pour our disappointments into a man (Brian Little/player x) or the team as a whole.

We simply want to feel bigger than we are, that we have a say in the team, the club and for £15 we get that whole identity in one very cheap bundle. It's a bargain to most vacuous scally idiots.

It's a £15 cure and preventative from actually looking at ourselves and making changes to our lives, not some one individual, who, in the future, could or might, when the current manager leaves, possibly take his place and set both our club's and our own problems to rights.

If we have blind allegiance to the club then, who cares who the bloody manager is? It could be a blind dingo with bug eyes on that logic.

I support the manager first, then individual players, then the team and 'the club' are something none of us can quantify but you seem to 'support.' It's like saying 'I support the second pillar of the main stand or the cantilever bars of the kop.'

YES I support the bloody manager and until he leaves I'll fight his corner while everyone else slags him off indiscriminantly, believing they have better ideas and tactics, and better footballing pedigree.

I am 110% behind Little. How can anyone say they support club x and yet want the manager y to leave, so if the team loses and the club falls down the league they are secretly happy?

*Goes off to blindly follow a manager who took us to 3rd in the league last year and a penalty shoot out away from the promised land*

we still had a game to play after that one mate! please tell me what he has achieved since he came to our club? theres no prizes for 3rd :!: