• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ian St. John

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Has sadly passed away.

I know he played a few games for us in the seventies, but for supporters of my vintage his biggest contribution to Rovers will always be the Saint & Greavsie show in the late eighties / early nineties.

The highlights of our Friday night games were shown regularly and must have brought the club to wider attention as we climbed the divisions under Kingy.

Some of my fondest early memories supporting Rovers. 'And now for our Friday night favourites'.

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A much loved player, particularly at Anfield, but also when Ron Yeats brought his ex-team mate to PP. By then, he was well past his best and only played a handful of games for us, but he must have raised spirits in the dressing room. Saint and Greavsie was a great show with its humour and banter. Sports shows don't have the same fun any more. Other things I remember about him are that he once scored a hat-trick in 2 1/2 minutes for his first club, Motherwell, and three more on his debut for Liverpool in a Merseyside derby. He came second in a competition to find new commentators for the BBC's coverage of the World Cup in 1982, but joined ITV instead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
RIP

drwhoman

Some great comments on Liverpool church walls in the 1960s

Jesus saves but St John scored the rebound!

and

What do you do if Jesus Christ comes to Liverpool - easy - move St John to inside right! Roger Hunt might have objected to that!

Will always be remembered for his jack knife winning header in the 1965 Cup Final.