• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Huddersfield 1 - 0 TRFC

S

Seanyb

What is going on with the rovers!!!!! :x Really starting to lose patiences with BL. Did anyone who went tell us what it was like?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Not much to say... sounded like we defended okay... Gutted.

M

Matthew The Rover

I think this isn't such a bad result, only conceeding 1 away to Huddersfield...

B

Banana Army

1 point off the relegatikon zone :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can only laugh

I'm slowly losing confidence in Brian but i will stick with him until the club decide to get rid of him and ill always support the rovers no matter what. So Cme On Lads. Lets win on Saturday.

=D> Super White Army =D> Super White Army

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm more gutted because of the way it happened... we defended so well all game... survived a penno which wasn't one... and then just as you think... Yes a clean sheet, a 0-0 ain't too bad here they score! It just annoys me so much. Its about time our luck changed!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I don't really think Brain should go yet... but I wouldn't be suprised if the board think... Look whats happened to Bristol City now they've changed lets do the same. Not my opinion... I think he should be given a few more games yet.

C

championship_here_we_come

Coca-Cola Football League One : Table
Home Away
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Swansea 11 3 1 1 13 5 4 1 1 14 9 13 23
2 Southend 11 4 1 1 14 7 3 1 1 10 6 11 23
3 Huddersfield 11 5 0 1 11 8 2 2 1 8 5 6 23
4 Brentford 11 3 1 1 8 4 2 2 2 8 7 5 18
5 Scunthorpe 11 3 1 1 7 5 2 1 3 9 10 1 17
6 Bradford 11 2 2 2 7 6 2 2 1 8 6 3 16
7 Walsall 11 2 2 2 10 12 2 2 1 7 5 0 16
8 Oldham 10 3 0 2 7 5 2 1 2 5 8 -1 16
9 Rotherham 11 2 1 2 11 7 2 2 2 2 4 2 15
10 Chesterfield 11 2 0 3 7 7 3 0 3 10 11 -1 15
11 Nottm Forest 11 3 1 2 9 6 1 1 3 7 9 1 14
12 Doncaster 11 2 1 3 6 6 2 1 2 6 6 0 14
13 Port Vale 10 3 1 1 5 1 1 1 3 4 8 0 14
14 Barnsley 11 3 1 1 6 3 1 1 4 5 9 -1 14
15 Colchester 11 2 2 1 6 5 1 3 2 5 7 -1 14
16 Blackpool 11 2 1 2 6 7 1 4 1 6 9 -4 14
17 Tranmere 11 2 3 0 11 6 1 1 4 3 7 1 13
18 Bournemouth 11 2 3 1 5 3 1 1 3 4 8 -2 13
19 Bristol City 11 2 4 0 10 5 1 0 4 5 15 -5 13
20 Gillingham 11 3 0 3 5 8 0 4 1 4 7 -6 13
21 Yeovil 11 2 2 1 5 5 1 1 4 5 12 -7 12
22 Hartlepool 11 0 4 2 6 9 2 1 2 6 7 -4 11
23 Milton Keynes Dons 11 1 4 1 5 6 0 2 3 5 9 -5 9
24 Swindon 11 2 0 3 11 11 0 1 5 1 7 -6 7

17th if we loose again on saturday be preared for lots deserved chants of "we want little out" as loosing on saturday will more than likely put us in the bottom three

we need a new manager and quick

M

Matthew The Rover

Joe_TRFC said:
about time our luck changed!

I think there's alot of things that need to change. For instance the central midfield and a central defender named Goodison

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Oh don't get me wrong... I know its not all about luck... if we had started with Jennings and Rankine and had Linwood back and in for Goodison we may have got a result tonight. I know that... but I'm just stating that when you think about it... how many big decisions have really gone for us recently? The answer is not many... but you're right, changes need to be made to the team!

What a shocking start to the season!!

I've been away since just after the play off's last season and have come back to this, the last game i managed to see was against Hartlepool at home, how have a team that manged to play so well that day become so bad? Surely the loss of Taylor couldnt effect us that much.

U simply cannot hav 2 midfielders as old as ours in your team, u r gonna get steam rollered, cant Brian see this!! I hav heard his comment latley about luck changing, im afraid u make ur own luck Brian!!

Think we had better b prepared for a long hard season!!

Remember how quick Lorraine got rid of Ray Mathias when things started bad, so dont b surprised if she does it again.

C

Mark Hughes' Mullet said:
Remember how quick Lorraine got rid of Ray Mathias when things started bad, so dont b surprised if she does it again.

i would love for her to do it again and bring in a new manager brain has done this for most of the clubs he has been speak to fans of hull etc and they will tell you he made crud tactical decisions etc and was starting to drag them down

M

Matthew The Rover

I was just thinking that Mr. Mullet. Mathias was wrongly sacked after a very similar start to the season, with the club in a very similar position, at around this time/first week in October, after the club did well the season before.

However, I cannot see Lorraine doing what she did to Ray. I still think she will give him to Christmas unfortunatly. He has four games left now before I call for his head if we have not improved (i.e. sacked McAteer and Goodison)

C

Matthew The Rover said:
He has four games left now before I call for his head if we have not improved (i.e. sacked McAteer and Goodison)

and not forgetting whitmore know to most as "sh1tmore"

M

Matthew The Rover

championship_here_we_come said:
Matthew The Rover said:
He has four games left now before I call for his head if we have not improved (i.e. sacked McAteer and Goodison)

and not forgetting whitmore know to most as "sh1tmore"

Atleast he doesn't play

smilingmart

Boring boring...we lose a game by a goal away from home and you get 'fans' calling for Little's head. Yawn Yawn...:roll:

Time for bed.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No no no no nooooo.... [-X

This was all so very wrong tonight. I had the displeasure of witnessing it all. So many issues, but too tried right now. I'm off to bed, but will post back in the morning after more reflection.. :(

Player
Johnny Morrissey
First half was bad, second half was worse! We are going downwards- quickly. :oops:

First half we "created" about 2 quarter-chances for Facey, that was it. The pnalty was never a pen! The linesman was worse than the ref! I never knew hands grew in your chest?! :twisted: Great save by Achto though. Otherwise a dull half.

2nd half we were dross. I can think of a header that was so weak and straight at the keeper from Jacko from a corner and a weak Summerbee freekick also straight at hr goalie and that was it. Huddersfield are by no means a "good side" in fact they were distintly average if that. But the difference was they threatened a hell of a lot more, just by shooting! We are too scared to do that and they have no ideas or creativity in the final third to create the most simple of chances that we seem to need to score!

I cant be bothered writing more - too angry/gutted still. Post back later when calmed down (I hope)

B

Banana Army

Ian said:
No no no no nooooo.... [-X

This was all so very wrong tonight. I had the displeasure of witnessing it all. So many issues, but too tried right now. I'm off to bed, but will post back in the morning after more reflection.. :(

Love to know what you were up to? :wink: :lol:

C

ChiefRich

Basically, both teams played shite. Neither side created anything. I do however think the "Little Out" calls are unnecessary but understandable. I feel that a few more games are needed to see if that is the correct call. I also think that Rankine had a decent game last night but it is the first one I have seen from the team pensioner all season. I did think renewing his contract was a mistake.

The penalty of course was a terrible decision; all the Town fans I saw on the train back to Sheffield said as much as well, so it is not bias on our part.

Was a shocking match; the sort of match that the Premiership apparently serves up these days. Rare for 2 teams whose strengths this season have been in attack.

Don't think anyone is deserving of the accolade "Man of the Match", except perhaps Achto. He only had about 2 shots to save though; their goal appeared to be unstoppable.

On a lighter note, we had half a crate of Stella for the train back.

Loser here is going to Nottingham this weekend to waste more money but I might be home by half 6.

DixieDean

20. Tranmere 6
21. MK Dons 5
22. Bournemouth 5
23. Gillingham 5
24. Swindon 0

This is the form table showing points gleened from the last 6 games...

We are struggling and worst of all we have dropped points against Bournemouth & Gillingham who are both right down there too!

could be worse...we could be Swindon! :D

I don't agree with the calls for "little out" but he'll be gone by Christmas.