• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Huddersfield 1 - 0 TRFC

M

Matthew The Rover

bolton_hater said:
well we would have played harrison but he has a broken nose.

and is to have an opp on it so will miss Forest game :evil:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Aldo.... If you read my posts you would have realised that I didn't go on Tuesday... If you believe that at the 1st sign of trouble you should sack your manager than thank god your not in control of those matters. We have recently been all to happy to sack our manager after a poor spell... all this really does is lead to the team becoming unsettled! The new manager then comes in and has to build his own team and get to know the players. I don't think it is in the interests of the club at this moment in time to sack Brian Little.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Well said Joe_TRFC. Keep Little, give him a break. We'll get there in the end.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A disappointing night, in a game we could have won with a positive attitude. One of the small consolations is that Huddersfield didn't seem any better than Rovers, despite league placings. That was because they were poor too on the night; have been told by their supporters that they normally play much better.

Reasonable games from Johnny A, Ranks & the 2 front men. Below par from the rest, exceptionally woeful performances from Summerbee & Bruce, who got a lot of heckling as Daddy left the home side in the lurch in one of his frequent managerial treasure hunts. Still at least Bruce junior didn't get sent off this time like he managed when playing for the Owls there last season. My main criticisms would be too much backing off by the defence and a total failure by the right-sided wide players to deliver any decent crosses, although Delroy was good in this respect...if Zola/Davies are fit again maybe there is a place on the wide right for him?

Agree that Jennings isn't the answer to all our midfield problems. He's a lot of potential, but so far hasn't scored or created a goal and it's unfair to expect him to transform things. I'd get Linwood back, revert to a 3-5-2 formation at least away from home and look for loaning a decent right-back and creative midfielder sharpish.

Chief Rich, I was also on the Sheffield train back, sadly in the dry carriage. Tho' as I was up at 6am to get to work in Leeds the next morning, maybe not :)

C

ChiefRich

After the complete barrel of shite i was subjected to, the drink carriage was much akin to a necessity.

Thinking a 2-1 win tomorrow for no reason other than I am due to attend an away win.

Joe_TRFC said:
Aldo.... If you read my posts you would have realised that I didn't go on Tuesday... If you believe that at the 1st sign of trouble you should sack your manager than thank god your not in control of those matters. We have recently been all to happy to sack our manager after a poor spell... all this really does is lead to the team becoming unsettled! The new manager then comes in and has to build his own team and get to know the players. I don't think it is in the interests of the club at this moment in time to sack Brian Little.

joe, i can't understand you. you don't go the games you only listen to them.so although it's good that you have an opinion,i can't really have faith in it.i go everywhere with rovers(from bournmouth to hartlepool)and i see 1st hand what's going on.so in my opinion i have every right to conclude that we need to change our manager.a new manager would bring fresh ideas and better players,and also passion(hopefully) :!:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
a new manager would bring fresh ideas and better players,and also passion(hopefully) :!:
my only question over that mate is the better players statement. how are we going to get better players with no money?

Ian said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
a new manager would bring fresh ideas and better players,and also passion(hopefully) :!:
my only question over that mate is the better players statement. how are we going to get better players with no money?

when i say better players ian, i mean - A new manager will bring players in capable of geting us out of the division. not players who are favourites who he has managed at other clubs! Goodison,Facey,Whitmore and Wilson have all been managed by little at Hull. I rest my case :!:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
If you look at my profile you will see that I live in the South-East... I also don't drive yet meaning it is very hard to get to any games apart from ones close to where I live, and I only come up to the Wirral every now and then. I see as many games as possible. Obviously if you go to every game then your view could be more accurate compared to someones who is listening to the game but I don't really see how you can say my view is almost an invalid one. Of course you have the right to view an opinion about our manager but I also have a right to disagree with you... thats what these forums are for... debates and discussions. I just don't see how a change in manager at this minute will do the club any good. Just my opinion.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think that given we've apparently got no money, the best man for the job is someone who has confidence in and will use and develop youngsters. My view is that BL may not be a bad manager, but is the wrong man for our current situation. However (and it's a big one) I'm not sure we can afford to sack him.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Ian said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:

when i say better players ian, i mean - A new manager will bring players in capable of geting us out of the division. not players who are favourites who he has managed at other clubs! Goodison,Facey,Whitmore and Wilson have all been managed by little at Hull. I rest my case :!:

I'm not having that, Facey's one of the best players we've got and if we had a half decent midfield capable of a) keeping up with the game and b) creating chances he'd be getting us plenty of goals. Wilson hasn't fucking played, so how can you include him in the equation?

The main problem as everyone knows off the pitch is that Little's negative and plays the team in that manner. The main problem on the pitch is that the midfield, no matter who plays is not good enough.

Joe_TRFC said:
If you look at my profile you will see that I live in the South-East... I also don't drive yet meaning it is very hard to get to any games apart from ones close to where I live, and I only come up to the Wirral every now and then. I see as many games as possible. Obviously if you go to every game then your view could be more accurate compared to someones who is listening to the game but I don't really see how you can say my view is almost an invalid one. Of course you have the right to view an opinion about our manager but I also have a right to disagree with you... thats what these forums are for... debates and discussions. I just don't see how a change in manager at this minute will do the club any good. Just my opinion.
i didn't and won't say/call you're opinion an invalid one! just as you say at the bottom of you're post "i just don't see how a change in manager at this minute will do the club any good" well i beg to differ! i can only see it being very good :!:

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Ian said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Wilson hasn't fucking played, so how can you include him in the equation?
dead easy mate. cos' he is a waste of a player's wages just getting splinters in his arse. what ambition has he got just sittin on the bench?
and as i've said before palethorpe could just sit on bench!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats fine and thats your opinion mate, we will have to agree to disagree. On the subject of Wilson though... I think it is good that we have a very able keeper to come on and replace Achto if needed. Wilsons experience is valuable to us and will prove to be as the season progresses. Palethorpe hasn't got 1st team experience and it would be very harsh to throw him in at the deep end. Although I do feel and LDV game would be good experience for Palethorpe.

M

Matthew The Rover

We need Wilson, he could most certainlly teach Phil alot as well as provide very able back-up for Achto.
What would happen if two keepers went out again?

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Which was what my point was, but you two got there before me. :D

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Achterberg obviously thinks he is worth having and i'm sure Wilson will give a good account of himself when he is needed.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
bolton_hater said:
Well said Joe_TRFC. Keep Little, give him a break. We'll get there in the end.

we will get where in the end :?: kidderminster away in the conference :!:

shut up! you really don't sound like a real SUPPORTER! So shut the hell up!