• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Huddersfield 1 - 0 TRFC

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Right, calmed down... slightly!

The downfalls in this side is that we don't have any creativity, pace, invention... the list goes on! The only exception is Facey (pace-wise). The midfield, well, where do I start? as good as Ranks was last season, age seems to be catching up on him, he seriously tired second half yesterday. Macca - well, primadonna springs to mind, thinks he's class but doesn't show it often enough and shouts his mouth off too much. Summerbee - does he move? Didnt look for the ball, no crosses, always played it back 5 yards to Bruce (or so it seemed) and soft as proverbial (how many times did he crap himself outta challenges?). Aiston, promising runner but absolutely no end product. Havent seen him cross a decent ball all season thus far. Got into good positions to shoot but as everyone else - didnt bother - why try and score when u can mess about by the corner flag instead? :roll:

Their goal was a sickener. In fairness the defence looked ok until we gave acres of room to their forwards in the last 20mins. They exploited that fact. No challenges for their goal, the bloke walkd past 3 defenders and fired home - not good enough. Bruce is not a patch on Taylor - cant go forward for toffee and I would argue Ryan was a better defender too, at least he could tackle!

Since Humey has gone we now have ZERO creativity, nobody who can create something out of nothing and a special goal. Not that that happened a lot when he was here either but there was always a possibility no matter how small/big.

Little really needs to sort the whole team out, this league isnt even as good as it was last season. Theres many a poor team in there and we are one of them. The fact that we are 3 pts off playoffs and 1 off relegation zone says it all. Sort it out BL!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I thought that we wre the better team, we deserved a point, am gutted.

S

Seanyb

DixieDean said:
I don't agree with the calls for "little out" but he'll be gone by Christmas.

I totally agree with you there. I always believe you should give your manager a chance to turn things around, but if Little doesn't start changing things soon, he'll be gone.

Everyones talking about how well we defended. The thing is though you cant win games if you dont attack!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm starting to lose patitence with Little but will give him a while longer... I do think though that if we win a game soon then we may actually go on a decent run of form... hope so anyway.

M

Matthew The Rover

1. Little will jump before he's pushed
2. We do have some creativity sitting on the bench, goes by the name of Steven Jennings
3. Summerbee looks shit
4. Why am I going to Forest?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Matthew The Rover said:
2. We do have some creativity sitting on the bench, goes by the name of Steven Jennings

I kinda agree but Jenno is more a hard working runner of a midfielder. Not seen him create a great deal when ive seen him. I'll probably get lynched and i hate saying this but maybe its time to see Theo back! :lol: Worth a try I guess.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
why ere you going to forest? yer well you sound like a dedicated fan.

M

Matthew The Rover

bolton_hater said:
why ere you going to forest? yer well you sound like a dedicated fan.

I am a dedicated fan. I think one pull factor may be the £1 entry fee for me :lol:

Matthew The Rover said:
I think this isn't such a bad result, only conceeding 1 away to Huddersfield...

i surpose you're happy with conceding three at southend. and only drawing at home to gillingham, bradford and blackpool?

M

Matthew The Rover

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Matthew The Rover said:
I think this isn't such a bad result, only conceeding 1 away to Huddersfield...

i surpose you're happy with conceding three at southend. and only drawing at home to gillingham, bradford and blackpool?

No I'm not happy with those results. But that really has nothing to do with what I said about last nights game.

Joe_TRFC said:
I don't really think Brain should go yet... but I wouldn't be suprised if the board think... Look whats happened to Bristol City now they've changed lets do the same. Not my opinion... I think he should be given a few more games yet.

what, to take us further to the relegation zone! he had his chance last year and he failed, so in my opinion,time for a change! did you go last night? cos' if you did you would see that we were lucky to be at 0-0 until the 87 minute. very poor performance in my opinion,especially by MCATEER,SUMERBEE,GOODISON,JACKSON,BRUCE,AISTON,AND FACEY.with that many players off blob,how can we expect to get anything. brian little,book you're ideas up!

smilingmart said:
Boring boring...we lose a game by a goal away from home and you get 'fans' calling for Little's head. Yawn Yawn...:roll:

Time for bed.

you obviously don't share the same ambition as the majority of trfc fans. wakey wakey, if little stay's we will be playin' the likes of exeter and leyton orient :!:

M

Matthew The Rover

Just because Facey is not scoring goals does not mean he is poor. I catagorically said he looked crap when he signed, because of his poor goals:games ratio, but I'm prepared to admit that he has so far proved me wrong.
His job is one very like Emile Heskey's (but Facey is better.) Facey holds the ball up, knocks the ball down, brings the ball down, flicks the ball on and plays the ball out to the wings when it is pumped up to him, and through this, he will get many valuable assist's and create many chances. Of course, he will be expected to score the odd goal, but goalscoring, in my opinion anyway, should come second in his list of priorities.

my view on last nights match was that we were lucky to be 0-0 until the 87min. Greenacre ran his socks off, rankine brock a few jaw's and achto was his usual self. roberts wasn't too bad either. but that was all the positives i could take from the game. it was never a pen,goodi was unlucky,and the linesman was a hob nob! for me two many of our players were off blob and thats not good enough.and why did little leave it so long to make a sub?i know we were playin away,but if it's not working change it.Facey did win a few headers but apart from that he looked like an amatuer sunday league player(poor touch and lacked pace)that might be a bit harsh,but i was so frustrated with the guy because he was playing against his former club!McAteer was again poor and i was pleased with the fans reaction towards him at the final whistle.little needs to dump him and play ranks and jenno against forest. :x

M

Matthew The Rover

Little actually needs to dump Ranks and McAteer (who should be released from his contract) and play Jenno and Danny.

Matthew The Rover said:
Little actually needs to dump Ranks and McAteer (who should be released from his contract) and play Jenno and Danny.

na. until someone can explain to me what harrison does,then we need to stick with ranks.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, well I'm back online after last nights shambles. I tell you whats got to me more than the performance itself. Little's comments after the game. I was thinking to myself wondering what he was going to say after that performance. I couldn't believe it.

"We were unlucky not to get a draw"...

Agrhhhhh...
The guy just doesn't get it.

We don't want bloody draws Brian. We actually want to be see our team trying to win games. OK, away at Huddersfield, sounds tricky, caution can be taken. But not so much as to set out your stall in the first minute!! What's going on?

The way we played, we never looked positive. Maybe the player are lacking confidence, I don't know, but playing for draws isn't going to help.

We have in my opinion, two great forwards capable of causing damage. So what happened to them last night? Complete waste of time. We may as well of had Rover the dog up front! Secondly, why was he wasting his time playing with wingers? We never sodding used them! When we had the ball, we gave it away cheaply. I actually think Facey was more effective on the wing when he found space there.

Summerbee looks past it. Seriously past it. The guy can't run. Can you picture it. A winger who can't run. :roll: So that was four players completely wasted in their positions.

Brian says we defended stoutly. Yes, we did, but there was no need! We let Huddersfield come at us. We really did make it hard for ourselves when it shoudn't and needn't have been.

I wasn't overally impressed with any player on the night. Achterberg made a great stop and must be applauded for doing so, justice on this occasion was served. Penalty??! Havin' a laugh..

However I even thought Roberts had an off night, Bruce was just average again, Goodison was all over the place (and not in a good way). Jackson was probably the more stable at the back.

Rankine looked to be digging in without much success or support. McAteer was woeful again, I seriusly think he shouldn't play again for us. He was alright last season. This season though, awful. We had no midfield.

Coops is right too. Whilst Jennings is young he still isn't the creative force we need. He's a tackler, not a creator.

Let's be honest here. How hard did the Huddersfield keeper have to work? He didn't. We tested him maybe once or twice with nothing of great worth.

My worry here is that we could have got a result here, I'm convinced about that but we didn't. We wasted it. The squad is good enough to do that. However my concern is that they are not playing to their strengths. Little must see this, surely.

If you are going to play with wingers, us them! Give the ball to the feet of the front two, play it about more, Huddersfield could do it, so can we!

They were just too negative to begin with and the game was effectively over before it even began. I don't go to as many away games as I would like, but if last night was any evidence of what's been happening away from home, then no wonder our record is so poor.

Brian, stop the negativity. It's getting us nowhere. Its not good for the players, the fans or even you!

I believe we are a good team in this division, we just need to start playing more positive football and playing to our strengths..

Apologies about the long post, it's been boiling up inside my head all day! :D

smilingmart

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
smilingmart said:
Boring boring...we lose a game by a goal away from home and you get 'fans' calling for Little's head. Yawn Yawn...:roll:

Time for bed.

you obviously don't share the same ambition as the majority of trfc fans. wakey wakey, if little stay's we will be playin' the likes of exeter and leyton orient :!:

I am ambitious for Tranmere. I am also realistic. My identity is not wrapped up with tranmere though. I and my life are more than tranmere. If tranmere lose I'm disappointed but I wouldnt say it ruins my afternoon/evening.

I think these days people in general love the idea of something new or at least something different, without appreciating the present. Calling for a new manager at this point in the season smacks of a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry, but it does. :D

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
to be fair mart, some of us have been calling for Little's head since he got here, so the fact that we're still banging on about his negativity after all this time is FAR from knee-jerk.

Ian says quite rightly that we should play to our strengths and that Brian Little just doesn't get it. I have to agree wholeheartedly with that. He just doesn't understand, I have been hoping and hoping for so long that it would click and that he would 'get it', but it's not happened so far and Brian seems happy with things, so I don't think he ever will understand. The time for a change calls are overdue, not just reactionary.

All that said, I accept that he is the manager and that we support him and the teams he puts out, no matter how sorry their performances - I will continue to support even past the point where Brian's position becomes untenable (some might say I already do).

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
well we would have played harrison but he has a broken nose.