• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Hill SACKED

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

see offical site for more info text from club just recieved

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Suprising news... hope its what we need to get going although not too keen on McAteer becoming player/coach!?!?!?

M

Matthew The Rover

What a strange decision! Richard always seems to be showing passion on the sidelines and giving out Brians tactics! Infact, why is the assistant sacked but not the manager? Surely the assistant just gives out the tactics Brian wants in place and offers a few suggestions here and there!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
you never know what goes on behind the scenes.

B

Banana Army

Fuck Fuck Fuck

Macca takes his first move on the club management.

We're all screwed

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
this is all to keep dopey bugga macca happy! :twisted:

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
DixieDean said:
the word scapegoat springs to mind....

Yep.

Scapegoat written all over it.

Didn't have the balls to sack the manager, the man ultimately responsible, but something needed to be done - sacking the assistant is just wussing out.

M

Matthew The Rover

According to radio city this morning, Little sacked Hill

S

sam miguel

Banana Army said:
f*ck f*ck f*ck

Macca takes his first move on the club management.

We're all screwed

I agree with this so much, I feel like Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes when he finds the statue of liberty!

"What have you done!"

Please don’t let this happen to the club I support!

J

Johnny King is God

WTF?????????

What a mad decision. Not happy about McAteer AT ALL.

Can acceot hill going if it frees up a salary for the pitch.

Little chance of that though.

I am starting to lose faith in my own club big time. And I dont like it one bit.

Player
Morrisey
BL is just using hill as a mask so that it seems as though he is trying to sort out the prob;lem. give it a few seasons and macca will be in there! Do you think that hill was sacked to let macca in? I think so!!

S

Seanyb

I don't understand why everyone is banging on about Macteer becoming a player/coach.

a shit footballer he maybe but no one what his coaching abilities are like. Give the guy a chance.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
we won't be complaining if we go up :lol:

S

sam miguel

Seanyb said:
I don't understand why everyone is banging on about Macteer becoming a player/coach.

I could think of some other players who would be more deserving of the investment. That and (imo) I don’t want him as a manager of the club I support and this is definitely a step in that direction.

J

Johnny King is God

I'm all for giving him a chance - at another club.

The boy is just plain and simple thick as pig shit.

Griff

Forget about McAteer's poor porforance in games. He could be what we need on the training pitch.

Hes had experience at clubs with many different coaching/management styles. He also seems to have the respect of the other players. Hes no where near ready to manage any team but I think he has a lot to offer in coaching terms.

About Hill.....

who knows whats going on behind closed doors, maybe he started to question littles tactics like we do, or maybe this is just a shake up, or maybe he is the scapegoat like you say.

Player
Morrisey
I hope that Macca will get more and more tied up in the coaching and then stop to play!! I can see him giving the captains armband to achto/Jacko soon as he will not want to be captaion aswell!! I hope he gives it to Ranks!!