• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Hartlepool (14/1/06)

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

I'll be making the trip to Brian Little's homeland, but am I right that we are only taking one coach?

I was reading the Yeovil program about forth coming games on the road, and it said Executive Only for Hartlepool. Am I right in thinking one coach only then? If so, I better book early!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
last season we took 2, but we had loyal fans then.

so chances are we will take 1 most likely. Ill get mine a couple of days after the rotherham match.

wouldnt miss this one, I want revenge! :twisted:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
bolton_hater said:

What on earth are you talking about mate???

M

Matthew The Rover

SCooperSomersaults said:
bolton_hater said:

What on earth are you talking about mate???

I should think he's talking about all the fans who thought they were loyal but stopped going away this season. For example, we took 1000 to Hull last year, but only 221 for a shorter distance journey to Scunthorpe.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
1. Hull was a nice new stadium for us all so more ppl gave up a Saturday before Christmas to go down there.

2. Last season we had a more successful team, so thus more people would follow them away from home.

3. Scunthorpe is a dump and so not a lot of people would have made the effort, especially given reason 2.

4. Do you think that going away games is being a loyal fan??? Just cos I've only been to 2 aways this season, you trying to say I'm not loyal??? I bloody well hope not!

I wish I could go to more aways but a) it's bloody expensive for us adults and b) the team has hardly encouraged us to go watch them every game with mediocre performances on a regular basis.

Not trying to have a go at anyone but loyal doesn't mean you have to be at every away game.

See ya at Port Vale :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I'm just saying we had fans thast didnt care about the distance or shed of the ground, we took 300 to colchester. Impressive I think, we would have took morelast seaosn to scun if they were in our league then, Im just saying this season fans have turned thier back on us, simple journeys and no-ones bothered, even though our performances havent been up to stratch, the fans play their part to.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Oh and I think you are loyal by the way, you make good effort considering you live in Bury well in mate. 8)

C

ChiefRich

Yes the age-old "loyalty v money & time" issue that I have come across this year more than most in my studies up in Sheffield.

"Time" is my key constraint in going to games. If there was a good chance that Tranmere would play all games with determination at least (and hopefully well), it'd make me more likely to make the time go to games. The problem this season seems to be that Tranmere don't always give this impression. :roll:

Last season, I went to a fair few, some of which were shocking (e.g. Port Vale away), and some of which were good performances without due reward (e.g. Bradford). But we were always trying!!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Matthew The Rover said:
I was trying to say what B_H did Coops sorry.

Apologies accepted boys! I know you didn't mean to cause offence or anything of the sort, but i just wanted to put my point across that loyalty to your club doesn't have to extend to travelling hundreds of miles to aways and filling the pockets of away clubs.

Happy New Year anyways 8) :lol: SWA!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
got my tickets today. coach 1 as normal lol!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
My cousin got us coach tickets for Hartlepool today... the last 2 for coach 1 apparently... so looking forward to that.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
good stuff cant wait myself, been twice there, both last season. a modern but tiny ground.

M

Matthew The Rover

At least we've filled on coach then. I reckon we could fill our allication

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
900? I dont think so about 500.