• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate v Tranmere

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Rovers

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate v Tranmere
Posted by Ian
CNG Stadium
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Get in there!!

amazing what a change in manager can do

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Very important win, was deserved although they should've scored near the end. We got more players forward in the second half.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
An excellent performance from Rovers and a deserved victory. It took us a while to get our football going, but I sensed a difference in the attitude and organisation from the first minute tonight.

In the first half an hour Harrogate had a lot of pressure and forced a few corners, but I never felt we were going to concede. We pressed much better as a team than we have all season and protected Davies' goal relly well. Even in the early stages I thought we actually looked the more dangerous side, when Feeney and CBT broke away, and Vaughan obviously should have put us ahead before half time.

In the second half they could not live with us. We gradually grew in confidence and some of our football was excellent. Players that have really suffered in recent weeks - Morris, O'Connor - came out of their shells and it was wave after wave of Rovers attacks really.

Individually, there were some great displays. Spearing had his best game of the season and Lewis had a really good game running from box to box; O'Connor was excellent defensivley and going forward; Clarke was a rock at the back; Vaughan worked as hard as ever.

Credit must go to Dawes as well for the imaginative tactics, with CBT virtually in a free role, and for getting that performance from the players.

We have got a really good squad and any decent manager will have us challenging for promotion.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent second half from Rovers. That’s the level of intensity we want to see from now on. Vaughan was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet tonight but really pleased for Khan. That should boost his confidence.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A very pleasing result. It sounded like we were creating more than recently. If Dawes was responsible for the tactical adjustments, it's a shame that Jacko wasn't able to draw on these also.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just listened to the post-match interview with Dawes. Didn’t say anything startling but came across well. Sounds like he’ll be in charge Saturday.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we are still expecting to make an appointment before Saturday.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Just watched the game on catch up. So so much better. Coherent tactics finally and so much more pressing - we played 10 - 15 yards further up and surprise surprise the oppostion looked nowhere near as good as they did in the first game of the season as they did not have the freedom of the park. O'Connor was in the opponent's half for more minutes than all previous 10 games combined I feel sure and looked like a very good player. First half was only ok with too many misplaced passes I felt - Feeney especially but even then we should have gone in 1-0 up if not for a terrible decision by Vaughan not to square it to Lewis but after the break we were streets ahead of them. In the end a thoroughly deserved win which could have been more.
This performance showed immediately what a terrible decision MP made appointing Jackson manager. As most of us thought these players are easily good enough to be challenging for promotion and the players will massively grow in confidence and thus performances whilst MP will now I am sure bring in a seasoned quality Manager even if it is on an interim basis.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Delighted with the win. Apart from the 3 points in isolation, it seems to confirm what many thought that we have capable enough players but the team management was the problem. Hopefully, with the right guidance, we can kick on from here.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
good news indeed Ian.

watched the highlights before. We got really lucky at the end when Scottie let that cross go through his hands but Vaughan would have deserved a rollicking if we’d not won for not giving Lewis a tap in when he hit the post
Onward and upward though.