• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate v Tranmere

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Rovers

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate v Tranmere
Posted by Ian
CNG Stadium
Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - 07:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The games seem to be flying past!
Next up for Rovers, an away game at Harrogate. The 'Town' have made a decent start to new life in Division Two having won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 so far. They have struggled for points recently with losses against Colchester and Newport and Rovers will be looking for some revenge after losing 8-7 on penalties when the sides met in the 1st round of the Carabao Cup earlier in the season.

This is Rovers' first game without manager Mike Jackson and it's unlikely Rovers will have a new manager in place before the game on Tues night. Rovers will have most of the squad to pick from apart from long term absentees Stefan Payne and Morgan Ferrier. It will be interesting to see what formation Rovers go with, who will be picked and how they will play after Jackson's departure.

Player
aldo
hoping Parky gives the lads a kick up the butt. need the two up top need Feeney and Khan on the wings and they need to get the good balls in that box we need pressing up in the opposition side of the field and give them nothing we need the first goal and win first and second balls

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Has there been confirmation of whether Dawes is in joint charge for this game ? It is difficult to know how the players will respond to him and Parkinson, and pretty difficult to predict the performance and result.

Harrogate looked a decent side when we played them on the opening day and their confidence will be high after their positive start to the season. This is certainly another difficult game in our current dishevelled state. I just hope we press the opposition, play with some conviction and create a few chances.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If Parky is in charge, there might be a bounce back, as the players show what they can do.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
I just hope we have a bloody go and dont just set the stall out to put everyone in our own half and try and counter...... (by smacking long balls forward to a striker 50 yards away from anyone else). I am not as concerned about the result as I am about the aptitude of the players and hopefully the more positive approach to our play.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Presumably Parky in charge with/without Dawes tomorrow. I'd assume we might go for a formation where Vaughan is less isolated, but as for actual line-up couldn't hazard a guess. Harrogate looked the better side in their penalty Carabao Cup win over Rovers and have made a steady start to their first season in the FL, though will be missing Josh Falkingham who was sent off at the weekend. I'd prefer us to get something out of the game, though that feels unlikely, but we need to avoid a hammering.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Hope it is mainly Parky doing the organising - Dawes I am surprised is still here even if only for now. Going for a 2-1 win tonight and us playing some decent football.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yea, Dawes and Parky in charge tonight.

Player
ian goodison
I would bring murphy & nelson back and make Clarke captain, just want the team to go out and have some pride about them score I've no idea but hope for the best

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I would expect it to a kind of "wipe the slate clean" type of selection this evening with the recent form of some individuals being essentially ignored due to either being played out of position or in a team without a defined pattern of play. In fact the most important thing for tonight is having a game plan and picking the individuals who are most likely to carry it through. I wouldn't expect any of the young ex-Academy pros to start despite the Parky influence.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully CBT gets a start as it fit he could be important for any new manager

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ridehalgh, Spearing and Feeney return to the side, CBT starts.

Looks like a 451. Strong line up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent, come on Rovers!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good to see CBT get a start, but otherwise no real surprises. Young still out of favour.