• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate v Rovers

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Rovers

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate v Rovers
Posted by Ian
EnviroVent Stadium
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think it was a good point and important not to lose to another team near the top of the table. We just need to keep picking up points and come January I think there will be a few ins and outs which will end up improving the squad
I agree, Mart. It seems strange to think about the next window already. We are well stocked in most departments. However, we do need another centre back, as we only have three on the books. I also think Micky will be after a goal scoring forward. We have quantity but not enough quality. Nors has already been mentioned. The areas where we have a surplus is upfront. I expect some of Manny, Glatzel, Walker, Jolley and Burton to be loaned out or returned to their parent club. The money released might help fund Nors’ loan.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, we definately need more quality up front. We are doing OK at the moment but once we come out of the Xmas period, we'll have suspensions, injuries, tired legs etc.. Maynard is the only forward we have that has goals in him. I hope we are able to tempt Nors back.

ADD

Player
Norwood
I agree, Mart. It seems strange to think about the next window already. We are well stocked in most departments. However, we do need another centre back, as we only have three on the books. I also think Micky will be after a goal scoring forward. We have quantity but not enough quality. Nors has already been mentioned. The areas where we have a surplus is upfront. I expect some of Manny, Glatzel, Walker, Jolley and Burton to be loaned out or returned to their parent club. The money released might help fund Nors’ loan.
Doubt we would add another CB unless we have a long term injury before then?
Walker and Glatzel will surely be recalled by their parent clubs in January and if it is true we are paying a fairly high share of their wages that should hopefully free up enough of a wage to bring someone in but who aside from Nors?
Burton is already out on loan and likely to stay on loan somewhere but not sure how long he can stay out on loan - is there a limit?
Jolley is the big frustration - he should have been on loan by now given he is nowhere near playing under MM but he has played so little over the past 12 months that must be a disincentive for teams who want someone to come in and hit the ground running.