• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate v Rovers

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Rovers

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate v Rovers
Posted by Ian
EnviroVent Stadium
Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They have only won two out of their last five and I think we can go there and come away with the three points. We are playing some good football and I think we will be too strong for them. They have scored a lot of goals, one more than FGR in fact but they will have to find a way through our back line for success which is not an easy thing.

I'm going for a fine 1-0 win which puts us firmly into the top three.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
From Mickys comments after the Carlisle game he may make a few changes though as we had an 8 day gap before that game I would be tempted keep it as if is.
Will be a tough game but I fancy us to win it 2 1

ADD

Player
Norwood
Think he might rest Nevitt who I felt looked bit tired saturday despite 8 days off.
Not sure after that but a tough game and we will have to be better than we were on Saturday to win but we are more than capable for sure.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Think he might rest Nevitt who I felt looked bit tired saturday despite 8 days off.
Thats a good point. I wonder if we will see Maynard in action? He's hardly been used since signing.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think we would have to change the system if Maynard were to start so I'm not sure that will happen

yes I can’t see Maynard playing the lone striker role doing what has been expected of Nevitt recently. Will be interesting as if it isn’t broken, don’t change it so hopefully Nevitt will play. The only other striker we have with a presence arguably is big Mani

Player
aldo
the Problem is Mani is poor and I think he will be off in Jan if anybody will have him he reminds me of Alabi or Kison Bain

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I hope we field an unchanged team. Yes. there will be a degree of tiredness after Saturday but this is a very fit squad, with the old stagers like Clarke and Foley among the fittest. I certainly would not want us to change formation to rest some players and accommodate others.

As Ian comments above, Harrogate's recent form is not great and their only victories in their last five games were against struggling sides, Oldham and Scunthorpe.

I think dealing with their attacking trio of Armstrong, Muldoon and Diamond will be key. If we keep them relatively quiet with another solid defensive performance we have a good chance of a victory. I fancy us to win the game.

It is a sold out away end and I am looking forward to the night, including Harry Ramsden's before the match.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't have any strong views either way about playing the same line-up and formation as Carlisle or changing tactics and personnel. I haven't heard Micky's remarks which have led to speculation about team changes, but given he sometimes likes to mirror opponents formations and Harrogate play 442, you do wonder.

I only caught the action from the two home games last season and was impressed with Harrogate's battling qualities in the league game. Inclined to agree with RLC that the key to this game is supressing their attacking players.

Player
aldo
over 4k already for sat its going to be a biggie the club needs to order the food and drink now so no running out

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully there is no doubt around the game going ahead as there’s been a fair bit of rain recently

Player
aldo
the only upside to that would be giving the Lads a rest, also I've they have concerns over it calling it off early so the army of fans don't have a Dover scenario on them getting to the ground and it gets called then

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Come on you white boys, let's have a posative start and 3 more points please

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cleared off the line! Good start by Rovers.

Last edited: