• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Happy Xmas

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just wanted to wish you all a happy Xmas and a big thanks for your continued support on White Review. Win or lose, it's always refreshing to come on here and take in the views of other supporters, it makes supporting the Rovers a lot more bearable at times! although we have had some great highs and not so great lows over the years too. Thank you all and let's hope we have a great start to 2022!

Stay Home Merry Christmas GIF by INTO ACTION

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
What’s wrong with me? I haven’t been on the site all day. As if I had something else to do? Sorry guys. ;)
Seriously, I can’t believe I’ve been on White Review for 16 years. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work, Ian.
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all. A three point Boxing Day and a new promotion year for Rovers.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Merry christmas all, here's to another promotion push in '22.

But we still need a goalscorer.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Merry christmas all, here's to another promotion push in '22.

But we still need a goalscorer.
I was going to just "like" this post but we are more than likely to remain where we are on the goalscoring front from a staff perspective. I'm starting to believe that the goalscorer may already be here in the form of one if our 4 strikers (that excludes Mani). They are all gaining experience and/or adjusting to a system that benefits them. On the goalscoring front I think the only way is up - whether that is sufficient for promotion only time will tell.

Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year to all.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was going to just "like" this post but we are more than likely to remain where we are on the goalscoring front from a staff perspective. I'm starting to believe that the goalscorer may already be here in the form of one if our 4 strikers (that excludes Mani). They are all gaining experience and/or adjusting to a system that benefits them. On the goalscoring front I think the only way is up - whether that is sufficient for promotion only time will tell.
Yes, I agree. We are highly unlikely to bring in a twenty goal per season striker in January, so the best options may lie within. The four we currently have are preferable to a journeyman like Nugent.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Agree with RLC and ONIGP re: current stock of younger strikers; they certainly won’t have the guile of your Nugents or Vaughans just yet (I’d suggest Maynard doesn’t even have that) but their energy, commitment and potential is just as important. I’d rather watch younger prospects giving it their all, than “proven” strikers on the downward slope in cruise control.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I’d rather watch younger prospects giving it their all, than “proven” strikers on the downward slope in cruise control.
Yes, it has always been one of the pleasures in supporting Rovers to see youngsters progress. It is just a shame that it has happened so infrequently in recent years. Fingers crossed that Nevitt and Jolley can kick on.