• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Guy Branston

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
We've been linked with Branston, another former Rotherham and Oldham player, for obvious reasons. He's without a club and is doing pre-season with Rotherham although they've made it clear he's not being offered a contract there either.

Although we don't yet have enough centre backs, thanks to the departures of Jackson, Sharps and much to my personal dismay, Linwood - frankly we ought to do better. Branston is knocking on a bit and is definitely a bit of a never-was rather than a has-been. So I personally hope we keep looking and find another player of a similar calibre to the other signings that Moore has made.

Player
Morrisey
What about Jeff Kenna? He is training with Birmingham at the moment but is looking for a club. He is a has been but he would add some experience and would be a goos short bterm signing.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
SWA is bang on the button. Kenna's a good solid defender and it's just what we need even for half a season. Kenna always performed well for Ireland and I enjoyed watchin him. =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We are in talks with a 24 year old defender who can play anywhere across the back four and played for a team in the lower half of the Championship last season. Apparently Blackpool are interested too but he'd prefer to sign for us as he is from Ellesmere Port.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Wait and see... Not definite he will sign but like I said with Shuker originally he has been at the club for talks.