• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Greetings!

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Red Devil is the Name; Man Utd's my team and always will be BUT ............

I used to live not far from Rovers, firstly in Moreton, then Rock Ferry and would visit Prenton Park every Friday Night, then Old trafford on a Sat and then Wallasey League on a Sunday where my brother played for Ashville.

I was at Prenton Park when Tommy Docherty (all bow now!) paid a visit watching some kid to see if he was worthy of the red shirt. I asked Tommy who he was here to see and he told me Steve Coppell. I watched Steve and was not exactly set on fire, but the rest, as they say, is history.

Gaffer Ian and I go back a long way, but been out of touch for seemingly years!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, great to see you back Red Devil! You were of course one of the originals here so it's great to hear from you again. So I think it has been years hasn't it? What have you been doing for all these years?

Hope to see you around the forums more often, there's always plenty to write about when it comes to the SWA!

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Although a United fan, and always will be, I used to live, as Ian knows, in Rock Ferry. I used to go to PP every home game and United every Saturday. (Tranmere used to play homes on a Friday night to catch local fans before the Saturday).

Ian, since we last spoke I am running my own sites. One is my own, and deals a lot with WW2 research as well as United. I also own and run a site for ex army buddies, which has a forum attached, thats a private site. I run a site for a local building firm and also one for a local aquarist shop. On top of all that I work full time in Security!! I am admin on a United site, helping to police the little "darlings" - ugh!

I left Birkenhead when the shutters were going up, in 1981. I come back every now and then on photo missions for my site. I have a section on Wirral and surrounds. The last trip up was April 2007. Usually I try and get up about 4 times a year.

I came here in Sutton Coldfield with the Army and settled here. Still got a soft spot for Rovers and look for their results every week.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Excellent! You dont by any chance have any archived photos of older players do you? I could do with filling in the rest of the ugly mugs on the dream team!

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Gimme some sort of date area and I will look around, nothing at home though.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
90's.. maybe late 80's..

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Nothing that cannot be found on the net, but still some boxes to search for old programmes when I can find the boxes.

I did meet Ronnie Moore once when a player, but didn't have a camera handy. He lived just off the road to Woodchurch, to the right, going down the hill, but forget road now, its been so long.