• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Grecians v Rovers

Match result

• Exeter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grecians v Rovers
Posted by Ian
St James Park
Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 12, 2020 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is arguably the toughest game of the season so far for Rovers on Saturday as we make the long journey to Exeter, one occasion that I am quite relieved that away supporters are unable to attend. Exeter are perhaps the best footballing side in the division other than ourselves, and have a number of talented players including Matt Jay, Nicky Law and Randel Williams. This will be Exeter's first home league game played in front of fans, so perhaps they will feel a little extra pressure at the weekend. A victory at St James Park was a key moment on our journey to promotion in our last season at this level.

In terms of selection, I think Lloyd may start ahead of Lewis, and perhaps CBT will be rested with Woolery taking his place. However, after listening to Hill's interview I don't think there will be wholesale changes, despite last Saturday's defeat. I think we might switch to a 433 formation, as the diamond seems to have outserved its usefulness for the time being.

A draw would be a good result provided we beat Stevenage on Tuesday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A tough but winnable game, if we can win we will go level on points with them, I think we will win 2 1 especially if Vaughan is fit.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Watched the brief highlights of our last winning trip to Exeter and it did seem like we rode our luck a bit. Would happily take a similar result.

Exeter also had a bad result last weekend losing 5-3 at Cheltenham, while ex-Rover Jake Caprice seems out of favour. There were a number of below par performances v Walsall. Assuming Vaughan is fit, the nucleus of key players with Clarke and Spearing are likely to return along with Davies in goal, but after that it's hard to call. Think I'd probably keep Lewis in the starting xi for his work-rate and find a starting berth for Danny Lloyd, but after that..?

Player
Manager
John King
We fully deserved to win when we last played at Exeter. Davies made a couple of good saves at the end but we were the better side.

Caprice is returning from injury and played on Tuesday night.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tricky one this. Teams have done their homework on the diamond so we may need to tweak it slightly. This is a great chance to make a statement to the top teams. We certainly have the players to win this one but they have to be on it all game to get a result. I think playing away actually gives us an advantage as I don't think it helped the lads last week at all. Going for a tight 1-0 affair. Clarke rocket header to win the game.

Player
Manager
John King
I have struck lucky again for the Stevenage game. I guess that means I will miss Boxing Day however.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Same here.

Player
aldo
imagine being a Utd fan or some of the other supposed big clubs who have 400000 st holders you would be very lucky if you got 1 game

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
same here.

Row QQ - up in the clouds back of the kop
First time in a long time i'll have sat in the cowsheds and now the kop. Reminds me of the old days..

Player
Manager
John King
Vaughan is out injured, Woolery and Lloyd start, CBT on the bench. Hopefully we have still got enough to get a result. Looks like 433.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ferrier clearly hasn’t impressed Hill as he’s an out and out striker and can’t start ahead of all those attacking midfielders

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Chance for Lloyd and Khan to impress the new manager. Anyone know the extent of Vaughan’s injury?