• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Goodi

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not bothered about Akpo Sodge really but the news about Goodi being involved is concerning.

Club has released a brief statement about Goodi.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Innocent until proven guilty and all that.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No...

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
shocking and such a sad day for tranmere fans

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's very difficult to even comment on these allegations as that's all they are at the moment, but whatever the outcome, it's terrible PR for the club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Released on bail until April. Leaves a dark cloud hanging over the club.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, this really bad news for the club but I'm not too worried about the PR aspects. It's pretty obvious the club itself had nothing to do with it and was unaware of any wrongdoing. Any true fans will appreciate this. What I am really concerned about is the financial implications and the affect on morale. Irrespective of whether the allegations are true, I doubt either player will play again this season. The trial won't be over before the summer and meanwhile I am sure they won't be allowed to continue playing. However, because they are innocent until proven guilty, they will certainly have to be paid in full by the club. So we lose two players but don't get any funds to sign replacements. With poor Joe Thompson, that makes three wages being paid for no play. This happened after our star player has just returned from a year out and another of our experienced pros (Robbo) has been out for months. I just hope that Ronnie has some funds left for another defender and he can lift the spirits after a pretty disastrous weekend for the club.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interestingly Montano from Oldham has been suspended without pay....although if you have seen the footage he has not got a leg to stand on.

We may hear more from the club in the coming days but as BBTC says, as Goodi is a bit of a God in the squad, you do wonder about the effects on morale etc - arguably he is the heart beat of the club given his service.

Player
Goodison
Obviously everyone needs to be careful about what they say etc with it been an on-going legal case. Shocking news and hopefully not true, can't really add much more than that.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
All players involved, including Goodi, released from bail last week. So now what for Goodi? Would love to see him back at the club in some capacity, defensive coach(?), but could we afford him, would he make a good coach?

Infuriating that two of the issues (Goodi and Ronnie) which contributed so much (in my opinion) to our troubles last season, ultimately didn't amount to very much, if anything at all. Let's hope we bounce back and the club isn't adversely impacted long ter.

Player
Goodison
I'd bring him back, he's more than capable of playing in League 2 and he's got a great presence on and off the pitch, his experience is also invaluable. We're clearly short at centre back and he's a ready made player to come in, it's a no brainer.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not so sure about bringing him back, as I think it is good that the club had a bit of a clear out over the summer. However, he definitely should be offered a testimonial; as it stands, his loyalty has not been officially recognised by the club at all.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd bring him back simply for cover and to add a bit of depth to the squad.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
I agree I think he would be good for the dressing room and certainly should be seriously considered as defensive cover and also in a coaching capacity, and perhaps the Trust could help out with his wages as they have done with Ramsbottom. As regards a testimonial this must be the club's responsibility but if they fail to act in a positive and timely manner then again the Trust should step in and recognise the loyalty this man shown the club over 10 years.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Now we have signed Clayton McDonald albeit on non contract terms I suspect the chance of Goodi returning is nil

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well he should definitely be given a testimonial at least..