• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Goalkeeping coach

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see we have yet another change of goalkeeping coach. I understand Steve Banks has returned to Blackpool and we have brought in Iain Turner. I am very pleased, as I think Iain did a good job in our first two seasons in the NL (as both coach and reserve keeper) and only left because he wanted to continue playing. Presumably he has now retired and rejoins us from Southport.

drwhoman

Maybe he will think about playing if Scott is injured? Views on Pilling seem to be mixed although you might say that he has to be given a chance sometime or he and the club should be making other arrangements.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Maybe he will think about playing if Scott is injured? Views on Pilling seem to be mixed although you might say that he has to be given a chance sometime or he and the club should be making other arrangements.
Maybe - in a real emergency. He may be only 35 but he retired a year ago and wasn't even first choice for Southport after leaving Rovers. I'm sure we'd bring in an emergency loanee if Pilling and Passant were injured or out of form.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Maybe - in a real emergency. He may be only 35 but he retired a year ago and wasn't even first choice for Southport after leaving Rovers. I'm sure we'd bring in an emergency loanee if Pilling and Passant were injured or out of form.
I doubt he would be risked although I would expect that MM may register him as a player just in case of such an emergency - from the quick video of him he didn't look that fit anyhow!! Re Pilling I am amazed he is still here TBH - his wages must be cheap as otherwise surely he would have been moved on. MM has shown no confidence in him whatsoever - personally I am surprised Wharton was moved on rather than him.... that said I am hearing that Bayleigh Passant is highly thought of so maybe there is a case of one season with Pilling as cover before Bayleigh becomes reserve keeper.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pilling does tick the home-grown player box. Whether we’d use him much in the event of injury to Scott Davies is debatable. Little to choose between Luke and Paddy Wharton on what I’ve seen, though the latter did have a poor game in the Checka trade hammering at Shrewsbury. Have to hope that Passant is able to provide some competition.