• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher & Steve McNulty

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Strong rumours we are signing him. He has apparently been training with us and was spotted in Gloucestershire today......

It is only a couple of years since he was playing in Leicester's promotion winning team, and would hopefully still have a lot to offer us.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Strong rumours we are signing him. He has apparently been training with us and was spotted in Gloucestershire today......

It is only a couple of years since he was playing in Leicester's promotion winning team, and would hopefully still have a lot to offer us.
Great if it's true. He was a class player and would be useful if he still has the desire - and the legs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No spring chicken but I'm sure he could be quite a handful at this level.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As BBTC says the key with any player like GTF who is getting on a bit (34) is match fitness.

As I've said about Ryan Lowe, I'm not sure when GTF last played a competitive game. Good experience and technique. Can play up top or on the right but we need players who can hit the ground running.

SwaTrfc

Player
Yates
Great signing if true, similar to the J Cole signing at Coventry will bring a lot of experience and also having someone of that quality around the place should lift the spirits and also send out a message to the other clubs that were serious about promotion and will not be taken lightly. Also it will keep our strikers on there toes for example Norwood, Mangan and Margetts, and if they don't deliver we have options which I think is very important if there not at it. Super signing from GB

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Welcome to the forum SwaTrfc :)

M

Mal

Posts on another forum state that he is overweight and unfit so he must be a replacement for Andy Robinson

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha. He'll need a few games to get his fitness. Well it's official he's signed and is in the team for today.

M

Mal

As long as he doesn't lead a group 'forever in blue jeans' singalong on way back......

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Scored on his debut and - more importantly - lasted the full 90 minutes despite not having played a competitive match for nearly six months. That speaks volumes about his fitness and his professionalism. He may just be using the next few weeks to get match fit and earn a contract with a better club, but if he carries on like this I hope GB can persuade him to stay longer.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the longer we can keep him, the better we'll be as a team. Probably too good at this level but why has he had no club for 6 months?

drwhoman

Interesting interview with Gary on Player. Why he is at Rovers basically. If we do well I can see him staying.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, seems a lot of people had written him off because if his age and I guess the location is a bonus for us. If he's enjoying his football, we might have a chance of keeping him. I wonder if any offers will come in if he's doing just as well come Xmas.

In the short term though, I'm looking forward to seeing him play and to see what difference it makes to our results leading up to Xmas.

drwhoman

Hopefully GTF will help re the 10 man defence issue. Also, in his post match comments GB seemed fairly definite that at least one more will be coming in. A winger would be good.

Player
Manager
John King
Hopefully GTF will help re the 10 man defence issue. Also, in his post match comments GB seemed fairly definite that at least one more will be coming in. A winger would be good.

McNulty seems set to sign from Luton. A class act at this level and a great addition if we get him. With Taylor Fletcher giving us more creativity and Mekki putting in a good show yesterday, I am not sure we need another wide man now.

We have also been linked with Adam Hammill, but that rumour seems a bit more far-fetched.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, McNulty deal seems pretty much done. I still have reservations about Mekki.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
McNulty seems set to sign from Luton. A class act at this level and a great addition if we get him. With Taylor Fletcher giving us more creativity and Mekki putting in a good show yesterday, I am not sure we need another wide man now.

We have also been linked with Adam Hammill, but that rumour seems a bit more far-fetched.
Sutton, Riley, Hogan, Holness, Ihiekwe, Gumbs and now probably McNulty. Just how many central defenders do we need ?!!

I don't dispute that he's a class above what we've got at present, but if he comes in, Brabin must look at shipping some central defenders out to bring balance to the squad. A right-back (or creative midfielder if Lois Maynard is deemed the long-term answer at right-back) for starters.

Player
Manager
John King
Sutton, Riley, Hogan, Holness, Ihiekwe, Gumbs and now probably McNulty. Just how many central defenders do we need ?!!

Holness will probably be on his way. GTF plays the number ten role and effectively acts as a creative midfielder, regardless of whether Maynard is also in the middle. So I don't think there is an urgent need for more midfield players. Yes, we still don't have a recognised right back, but that is hardly the most crucial position on the pitch and we have several players who can do a decent job there.

Generally, what we need is quality, not filling squad numbers for its own sake.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Gumbs probably will be loaned out, agree with RLC think Holness will be the one to make way if McNulty does sign.