• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gareth Roberts

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel we should offer Gareth a new contract and if he doesn't sign it by 31/1/06 we should sign a new left back but if we don't offer him a new contract we should sell him I don't want to get fuck all for him

B

Banana Army

Havent seen it mentioned so far on here, thought it would be, but anyway. Garteh is leaving in the summer as he wants a new challenge. lorraine Rogers confirmed it in her program notes for the huddersfield game.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah read about that... disappointing but sort of knew it would happen. Although it did say they would try and change his mind but respected his decision. Interesting to note in Brian Little's press confernence on Tranmere World that he states that he thinks Roberts is one of the best players in the division (trying to change his mind by praising him??). He was saying that Roberts being the best or one of the best left backs in the division is why Tremarco hasn't had a look in really this season. I don't see where Little is coming from here? I mean Roberts is most probably going because he is fed up of being played out of position in Left Midfield... so how is Roberts keeping Tremarco out of Left Back position?It's Little pesistance to play Goodison at LB that is why Tremarco hasn't had a look in. If Little thought Roberts is the best Left Back in the division then why hasn't he been playing him there all season? Roberts decision to leave probably is the main reason in him getting played at Left Back on Friday... because Brian is now worried he is going to lose another quality player and wants to try and persuade him to stay by giving him his LB slot back!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Very sad to read that Gareth Roberts wants to leave in the summer and it dissappoints me mainly because I dont feel we can replace him but Tremarco can do a job I feel though but hes a quality player and I hope he changes his mind about wanting a new challenge

evo_trfc

Gareth wants to leave us!! little isnt forcing him out like so many fans think hes trying to do this to every player. I personally think roberts is a legend and has doen great for the club but he wants to play for someone else who he percieves as better than us