• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gareth Roberts

M

Matthew The Rover

Well said Mr. Venner. I wouldn't sell him for the world. Mr. Tranmere, we all love him. I wish there was a way to email the player and request he stays like Liverpool have on their site.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Matthew The Rover said:
Well said Mr. Venner. I wouldn't sell him for the world. Mr. Tranmere, we all love him. I wish there was a way to email the player and request he stays like Liverpool have on their site.

Thanks if feel really strong about this. Yer thats an good idea Lets keep our Robbo!!

M

Matthew The Rover

All email the c,lub asking the emails to be passed on to Gareth!!!

If Gareth leaves, I will not only cry, but I will finally call for Brian to leave.

Although he has started to get a run together, he is slowly dismantling and ruining Tranmere Rovers FC.

First Tyrone, then Gary Jones, then Hume, Taylor and Hall and now Dagnall and possibly Roberts and there are probably more you feel we should have kept too. Enough will be enough.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Hes worth at least £250,000.

M

Matthew The Rover

But didn't we think Hume was worth £1,000,000? Tranmere always sell players for cheap. Isn't that the reason John Aldridge left us, or one of them. He was getting pissed off with the club selling all the good young players and not giving him the money to buy new players with.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I feel hes unvaluable and we should offer him a new contract because his one finshes at the end of the season then we will get fuck all for him and I dont want that

B

Banana Army

bolton_hater said:

Are we all forgetting he only has 6 months left. He could walk at the end of the season. I know you say his wife will lock him in his room and keep him on bread and water for 3 years if he leaves her beloved Rovers or whatever, but when push comes to shove she wont be complaining when his salary is doubled either. So if Gareth wont sign a new contract, i say flog him now. However for no less than £100,000 as thats the value i plave on his part to play in the 2nd half of the season.

S

Seanyb

Banana Army said:
bolton_hater said:

Are we all forgetting he only has 6 months left. He could walk at the end of the season. I know you say his wife will lock him in his room and keep him on bread and water for 3 years if he leaves her beloved Rovers or whatever, but when push comes to shove she wont be complaining when his salary is doubled either. So if Gareth wont sign a new contract, i say flog him now. However for no less than £100,000 as thats the value i plave on his part to play in the 2nd half of the season.

Gareth Roberts is a unsung hero. What I mean is that we all know how good he is, but a club like hull don't realise just how good he is. So it doesn't matter on any kind of fee we would likely receive, their is no way that tranmere could replace that kind of talent on the money we recieve for him. We would probably have to spend at least a million to get a player in gareth's league that would play in league one.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I know about the contract thats why I said before we should offer him a new contract or he will go for nothing proberley at the end of the season and we dont want that a new contract or let him him go for money no its gotta be a new contract i cant have him leaving the club hes too big of a player

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Matthew The Rover said:
£100,000 .

Gareth Roberts is worth a million times more than that. If we accept that we are in sh*t street because unreplaceable in my opinion

Gareth Roberts is not worth 100'000'000'000 (that's one hundred billion pounds).

Only a handful of players such as Aldo and Ian Muir are worth that much :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

He is in my book (The Book Of How Much Gareth Roberts Costs - I did a GCSE in it, although I haven't taken my GCSE's yet) :lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

Gareth's contract

Thinking about it, if it us up in the summer, we need to offer him a new one.
Now, with Theo gone, who I pressume was on quite a large amount, and Dagnall too, who I pressume wasn't on very much, but has left in any case, you would have thought the club had some more money to offer to Gareth for his wages.

Unless...They are waiting for Ranks to go in the summer which frees up even more money meaning we could possibly meet his higher demands but Hull have come in and ruined these plans.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A difficult one this.

I'd like Gareth to stay, but his contract runs out in the summer and reckon he's likely to move on then. The price currently quoted by Hull is too low, but as has been pointed out already, we let our talented players go at knock-down prices. Carl Tremarco is not yet in Gareth's class, but a reasonable deputy. So if we get a sensible offer, worth considering.

Player
Morrisey
Peter Taylor has said that he will not be putting in another offer so it looks like the ball is now in our court. I hope he doesn't go, but aslong as we get two good players in who will be productive for us then I wont complain!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sounds to me as if Little is pushing him, why else put out a story saying Robbo is interested in the move? Robbo is Mr Tranmere of this decade anyways, and Little seems to want to make him out to be wanting to move away when i reckon its the other way round.

And what will happen after we sell him? Goodison left back, and NO new players to replace them!!! Taylor gone - not replaced. Hume - gone, not replaced. Robbo -???? see the pattern.

I think the board have ambition but Little hasnt got a clue! There's money there but if he did spend it he'd probably waste it on some ex-players he used to manage! :twisted:

Player
Morrisey
when Francis' loan is up and if Robbo goes then Little will resort to his popular 4 centre backs! I can't wait!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yep, Linwood looking rubbish at right back and Goodi on the left. :evil: Francis won't be allowed by warnock to stay til the end of the season so come mid Feb we've no right back.

As for left back - CARL TREMARCO and NOT Goodison! PLEASEEEEEE!!!

M

Matthew The Rover

SCooperSomersaults said:

How about Gareth Roberts at left-back and Tremarco at left-midfield. That's where they work best.

B

Banana Army

Matthew The Rover said:
SCooperSomersaults said:

How about Gareth Roberts at left-back and Tremarco at left-midfield. That's where they work best.

Going off topic hear a little, but i thought it was an interesting idea to play Tremarco in the Defensive CM role for the last few mins against Yeovil. I could see him playing that tenacious terrier role very well.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
To be fair though as much as Roberts may be Mr Tranmere you have to remember that this is his career and if he is not happy with his wages or is not progressing at Tranmere as much as he'd like then he has to move on no matter how much he loves the club. It's the same with anyone who has an everyday job... if you are not progressing in the job as you would wish a lot of people would want to move on for their careers sake, no matter how much they liked the job.