Gareth Roberts

B

Banana Army

Guest
According to BBC Sport Tranmere turned down a £50,000 offer from Hull for Robbo. Bloody good job as well. He has arguably been our best Player this year and is worth a hell of a lot more.
 
B

bwilliams

Guest
totally agree, Well done Brian for turning that down and making a stand
 
B

Banana Army

Guest
Despite his contract ending at the end of this season, it is almost imperitive that he stays until the end of the season as we need players like him to help us push on.
 
Joined
22 Sep 2005
Messages
1,401
Player
Johnny Morrissey
Banana Army said:
According to BBC Sport Tranmere turned down a £50,000 offer from Hull for Robbo. Bloody good job as well. He has arguably been our best Player this year and is worth a hell of a lot more.

Sorry BA, but White Review broke this story yesterday afternoon mate!!! :wink:
 
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Guest
I hope a new bigger bid doesnt come in because that would tempt the board into accpecting the money grabbing twats
 
S

Seanyb

Guest
He's such a consistant player. Why would we want to sell argubely our best player for £50, 000??? However, if hull came back with an offer of £250,000, I dont think BL will say no, which worries me.
 
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Guest
I know and that worries me because hes worth 20 times that just like Taylor and Hume they were worth more than what we sold them for
 
M

Matthew The Rover

Guest
In all honesty, I think Roberts is more to Tranmere than Taylor and Hume. Roberts is Mr. Tranmere FC. His whole family are Tranmere fans and I imagine Gareth is as big an influence in the dressing room as the likes of McAteer and Achterberg. If think we would miss him more than Taylor and Hume tbh.

Just one thing, I doubt his wife would actually allow him to leave Tranmere! She's a massive Tranmere fan and has stopped him going a number of times in the passed.
 

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Member
Joined
25 Sep 2005
Messages
1,319
Player
Nevin
I really hope he doesn't go... although if we kept him til the end of the season and he left on a free i'd rather we got what we could for him now. Tremarco could step in for him I think and in all honesty football is Gareths profession so he will want to take the step up to the next level with someone else if he can't with the team he is already with just like many people working in normal every day life would want a promotion!
 

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Member
Joined
24 Sep 2005
Messages
1,058
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
defo not worth £50,000 anyway.

glad hes staying hes a vital part of our teams.
 
Joined
25 Sep 2005
Messages
266
Banana Army said:
According to BBC Sport Tranmere turned down a £50,000 offer from Hull for Robbo. Bloody good job as well. He has arguably been our best Player this year and is worth a hell of a lot more.

he has been one of our worst players this season.but that has been down to little playin' him out of position!
 
Joined
25 Sep 2005
Messages
266
bwilliams said:
totally agree, Well done Brian for turning that down and making a stand

why didn't he make a stand with iain hume! if they bid 100,000 quid then i think we should sell. carl tremarco or the famous ian goodison can fill in!
 
Joined
25 Sep 2005
Messages
266
Matthew The Rover said:
In all honesty, I think Roberts is more to Tranmere than Taylor and Hume. Roberts is Mr. Tranmere FC. His whole family are Tranmere fans and I imagine Gareth is as big an influence in the dressing room as the likes of McAteer and Achterberg. If think we would miss him more than Taylor and Hume tbh.

Just one thing, I doubt his wife would actually allow him to leave Tranmere! She's a massive Tranmere fan and has stopped him going a number of times in the passed.

i think that you will find mr roberts is all horses mate. and tranmere won't be able to keep him forever.money and horses talk i'm afraid!
 
B

Banana Army

Guest
SCooperSomersaults said:
Banana Army said:
According to BBC Sport Tranmere turned down a £50,000 offer from Hull for Robbo. Bloody good job as well. He has arguably been our best Player this year and is worth a hell of a lot more.

Sorry BA, but White Review broke this story yesterday afternoon mate!!! :wink:

Sorry never view the home page. Probably should
 
B

Banana Army

Guest
Seanyb said:
He's such a consistant player. Why would we want to sell argubely our best player for £50, 000??? However, if hull came back with an offer of £250,000, I dont think BL will say no, which worries me.

But they wont. they want a player for cheap or on a short term deal just as cover. So i doubt theyd pay more than 100K
 
A

AndyRoo16

Guest
im just glad he seems willing to stay at rovers....
£50,000 is a joke....
i hope the board realise that Robbo is a key player and do their upmost to keep him here...
He sure is Mr Tranmere :D
 
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Guest
I he fucking goes Little wants a kick we need him and we wont replace him hes class and I will be the happest man alive if he is still with on 1/2/06 but if he goes ill be angry as fuck
 
M

Matthew The Rover

Guest
The writings on the wall. A new £100,000 bid has been made according to Hull Mad.
 
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Guest
Matthew The Rover said:
£100,000 .

Gareth Roberts is worth a million times more than that. If we accept that we are in shit street because unreplaceable in my opinion
 
Top