• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fresh investment imminent? Simon Nainggolan?

Player
aldo
yes its all great news. mark and Nicky are true to there word . they said they would do it and they follow it up . the 3G pitch will allow the club to make money ever day with joe public paying to use it . its around £500k to install one . its very positive . now lets get some results on the pitch to back it up .

Player
ian goodison
I,m sure there will be some tricky moments to come in the future but hats off to mark & Nicola we have owners & a club we can be proud of

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a 15% stake, as confirmed by Palios on Sky TV. He also said that further investment is being sought. Lukito Wanandi gets a place on the board.

Interesting times, and it is good to see Palios reiterate that it his long term ambition to be 'sustainable in the Championship' in his statement.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, looks like things are progressing nicely :thumbsup:

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
I actually watched but couldn’t hear Mark’s sky interview live & no subtitles in the hotel I was at. Don’t suppose I can find it anywhere?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Mr and Mrs P's husbandry of the club has been absolutely impeccable to date. They have clearly got the balance right between attracting fresh capital and retaining control, in the very best interests of the fans and the wider local community. The Indonesian brothers are smart cookies and their investment is to be welcomed. They can clearly take us to the next level if the partnership is well managed and further (serious) investment is made down the line in the playing budget. Considering the downs and ups of recent years, we are now strategically well-positioned to build a platform to aspire to Championship football at the appropriate time. I also share Mr and Mrs P's vision of getting Wirral Borough Council involved again at some point in the future - that used to be our USP. Wouldn't it be great to have 'Wirral' back on those shirts again? I don't see why a public-private partnership cannot work in football. It might even prove to be a more sustainable model for football clubs up and down the land. But what is clear is that our owners are not leaving any stone unturned to set us up as a thriving community club. And for that, we are grateful.

Player
ian goodison
I say to my local councillor having Wirral on our shirts was a source of pride to me

Player
Manager
John King
I think it is worth remembering at moments like this that Palios and Mellon work very much as a partnership and without Micky none of this would be possible. Mellon has benefited from a relatively stable foundation, but has still achieved far beyond expectations and worked against the odds to restore League One status in two and a half seasons. Without him we would still be floundering around in the National League and external investment such as we have seen this week would be impossible.

I think some supporters fail to see the wood from the trees and tend to focus on relative minutiae, such as why Mullin is not in the team or why we signed Ponticelli, but Micky's overall record here is remarkable. He is as responsible as Palios for the transformation in fortunes of the club, if not more so.

Player
Manager
John King
I say to my local councillor having Wirral on our shirts was a source of pride to me
I would like to see Wirral back on the shirts, but I am more coy about the council having any stake in the club. Ultimately the council is responsible to its electors, the majority of whom do not support us and many of whom do not view us favourably, unlike private owners like the Paliosi who are wholly accountable to the stakeholders (us).

Player
aldo
we have a stable club , with superb owners . a great fan base . a very good manager and now investors . we are heading in the right direction . it would be great having Wirral on the shirts .but the money the council pay are not good enough for the club. and we can and will get more from others the club is geting stronger all the time .

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Think all genuine fans recognise all of the aforementioned & whilst I was not involved in the Mullin debate I don’t see why a fan forum such as this cannot debate team selection. Is that not the point of a forum?

Player
Manager
John King
Think all genuine fans recognise all of the aforementioned & whilst I was not involved in the Mullin debate I don’t see why a fan forum such as this cannot debate team selection. Is that not the point of a forum?
Of course, and I do it all the time. I was not suggesting team selection should not be discussed. I was saying that Mellon's achievements are not always recognised because of the emphasis on short term issues.