• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fresh investment imminent? Simon Nainggolan?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If I was a betting man (which I'm not), I'd wager that the Club may soon announce fresh investment from an Indonesian businessman, Mr Simon Nainggolan. I may be completely off the mark here but a brief glance at this gentleman's social media pages would support this scenario. What can we deduce?
- A wealthy Indonesian businessman with interests in the hospitality industry - restaurants and catering (supplying lunch boxes to corporates and airlines?)
- Indonesia-based
- A football fanatic, long-time supporter of Liverpool FC and a recent supporter of Rovers
- Photographed with many past and present international football stars and Club CEOs - he clearly has an 'entry ticket' into some Boardrooms
- Has attended several games in recent months including the most recent Carlisle friendly
- Has become very friendly with Mr and Mrs P over the past few months e.g. their summer 'holiday' to Bali was probably 'business' as much as 'pleasure'
Poignantly, the gentleman in question very recently changed his twitter banner and profile pic on Friday and is now proud to be wearing a very nice TRFC tie (I wore one of these to work in the late 80s!).
Take a look:
twitter.com/simon3103
instagram.com/simon_pimpinnainggolan
Perhaps we will soon read on the official Rovers website:
"We are pleased to announced the signing of an football school in Indonesia as part of the Club's international development..."
Or
"We are pleased to announce the acquisition of a 25% holding in Tranmere Rovers by wealthy Indonesian businessman..."
Only time will tell.
Mark and Nicola have been outstanding in their stewardship of the Club since they took over. I very much hope that they will remain as majority shareholders going forward. They clearly understand that we face financial limitations at this stage. Unfortunately this is painfully apparent with our summer recruitment. But we really cannot be in better hands in managing our club's transition on and off the field.
Whatever your future involvement, Mr Nainggolan, as investor, business promoter or simply (mad) supporter like the rest of us, we warmly welcome you to the Rovers family!!!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If it does come off it will be very much needed to help the club going forward

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Id welcome him if he had plenty of money to spend!

IMG-20190726-WA0000.jpg

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, we really have to hope this comes off. Mark and Nicola seem to have taken us as far as they can financially, and you need serious investment even to compete in League One these days.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Strangely. I had just been thinking that the club's rise was going to stop unless there was a lot of new investment. I would have thought the club is unrecognisably more attractive than it was when the Palioses took over, so it would be an excellent investment if it made the difference between struggling in League One and challenging for promotion to the Championship.

It sounds like things could happen soon, but not before the Palioses have got to know their prospective partner socially and financially. As we have seen with other clubs, you can't be too careful.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
It sounds like things could happen soon, but not before the Palioses have got to know their prospective partner socially and financially. As we have seen with other clubs, you can't be too careful.
I think the two parties have been in talks for about six months now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree we need new investment, but think the Palioi, like Peter Johnson before them will be cautious. New money, unless it's coming from a reliable and trustworthy source can bring problems.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree we need new investment, but think the Palioi, like Peter Johnson before them will be cautious. New money, unless it's coming from a reliable and trustworthy source can bring problems.
I think we have been talking to Nainggolan for some time now and Palios certainly is not a fool. I would trust his judgement, and I am sure there will be a crossover period where MP retains control. In fact, I am not sure that the new investor is interested in taking a majority shareholding at present.

In his later years PJ was not as actively involved in the running of the club as he needed to be, which is probably why talks with Michael Wilde, Club 9 Sports and God knows who else went further than they should have done. The club is in a different place now.

The alternative to new investment is probably a club that can't even survive in League One for any length of time.

Player
aldo
pali has said he has been in talks with two or three parties and has been since xmas . so one would think its soon if they are going to do it

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It seems like both parties are being cautious and sensible. There's no rush. We have missed the boat for the best players this summer, but if we can get some fresh funds in by the end of the year, Micky will be able to spend in January. However, I expect not all the new money will go on players. There are other investment needs, e.g. the pitch.

Player
Manager
John King
It seems like both parties are being cautious and sensible. There's no rush. We have missed the boat for the best players this summer, but if we can get some fresh funds in by the end of the year, Micky will be able to spend in January. However, I expect not all the new money will go on players. There are other investment needs, e.g. the pitch.
The squad is not strong enough as it stands currently. I think the intention is to get additional resources to spend before the August deadline.

Player
Manager
John King
We probably won't have additional funds from a lucrative cup tie this January, which is why we need to focus on getting extra bodies in now.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We probably won't have additional funds from a lucrative cup tie this January, which is why we need to focus on getting extra bodies in now.

The 3 FA Cup games being on tv and the Spurs gate money made up the January funds, agreed that we need to focus on getting more players in now

drwhoman

Woodburn rumour might be not too far fetched as he has been left out of the Liverpool training camp in France. That said, we probably need a striker more urgently.

Player
Manager
John King
Woodburn rumour might be not too far fetched as he has been left out of the Liverpool training camp in France. That said, we probably need a striker more urgently.
He is going to Oxford apparently. Very frustrating that he is going to a similar sized club in the same division.

It seems that we could not match their contribution to his wages. So much for the 'special relationship' with Liverpool; after all, it is just peanuts to them.