• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Francis should be staying

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
M

Matthew The Rover

Keen to keep Francis

Brian Little is keen to extend the loan deal of Simon Francis from Sheffield United after a good month for the Yorkshireman.

The 20-year old right-back has impressed in his 1 month loan stop at Rovers and Little is keen to keep his new found talent at the club for another month.

For Francis, unless a deal comes through, the League One tie against Brentford on Saturday will be his last game for the club in this spell, as his one month loan deal runs out.

"Simon's done really well and I'm very keen to extend his stay. We have an agreement with Sheffield United and that just needs to be finalised" said Little. "We hope to extend his stay for another month atleast."

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sign 'im Up!!! =D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, the lads doing well isnt he. I'm thinking we may get him for another month at best though. Shame, as I'm sure if he goes back to Sheff Utd he wont get a game...

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
good player I like him, keep him.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
At least another month will give us him over Xmas and then maybe Sheff Utd may decide he can stay even longer!?

A

AndyRoo16

i also like him and hope he stays but the way our l**k is going i think he will go :(
sorry 2 b so miserable today....but it is with reason...

M

Matthew The Rover

He has been good, upto yesterday, where he was awful. But then mostly everybody was.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Note to Little.

He works well with Aiston.

Sign him up.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

yeah if we have money sign him because Sheff Utd will be going up and he defo wont get his game then so if we have money sign him!!

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
yeah if we have money sign him because Sheff Utd will be going up and he defo wont get his game then so if we have money sign him!!

We may as well offer 100 grand for him, see what they say. Like I said before, him and Aiston linked up really well against Swansea. Made up he's staying.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah fair comment they do. Why not but will Sheff Utd accept £100k for francis? Will we offer Sheff Utd in Jan?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
They paid 200k for him I think. Depends if they still want to keep him and reckon he will play more games for them. They may be in the Prem next year - would he cope? etc. But, PP is not quite an attractive destination for what is a good footballer. Why would he wanna come :?:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I don't know mate but if he wants to play regular football I feel he should come to us because I feel if they go up hes got no chance in getting in the squad like

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah I know what you're saying but any half decent Championship team should imo take a look at him too.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I know Lorraine said we have money... but I doubt we have 100k to blow on one player. The best we can hope for is that Sheff Utd decide they will let him stay on loan for the rest of the season.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Joe_TRFC said:
I know Lorraine said we have money... but I doubt we have 100k to blow on one player. The best we can hope for is that Sheff Utd decide they will let him stay on loan for the rest of the season.

I feel if we offer them the money they want for him, which won't be much and i don't see any other teams being interested in him so fingers crossed we can make it a done deal and he will be our player.

M

mikeo32

Shame he was cup tied tonight, might have made the squad a bit better