• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Francis Jeffers

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
According to the BBC, Franny Jeffers has returned to the UK, is looking for a new club and is training with us. He was once a prodigy of Rooney proportions, who was capped by England but lost his way and has never settled at any club since leaving Everton many years ago. Do you think he might fancy joining us? Could we afford him? Would Ronnie want him?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Hes done nothing for years dont think he will ever fulfull the potential he had.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
he could be worth taking a gamble on maybe give him 2 or 3 pre season friendleys and see how he plays,hes had 2 seasons in australia and he played 28 games last season for newcastle jets in the a league.maybe he could be a decent signing if ronnie is prepared to take a gamble.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
do not want

he's scored 17 goals in 9 years. amusingly one of them was for england. small squad = can't afford to gamble.

tbh he isn't even a gamble. he's just ****.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
A-league is about L1 standard, I think. Unless his attitude and application have drastically improved, I don't believe we will take this any further.

drwhoman

JEFFERS

A talented footballer who lost his way after being sold to Arsenal for GBP8m. Does not seem to be able to apply himself for any length of time and has become a nomad. Never in one place for any period of time. Funnily enough I was in Scotland for a wedding one Saturday last May and I turned the TV on. It turned out that the Scottish Cup Final was in progress - Motherwell v Celtic - who was upfront for Motherwell - Francis Jeffers! I think Celtic won 3-0 with two goals coming late. Others playing included Steve Jennings (was'nt he under a cloud for match fixing or something?) and Gavin Gunning - he of loanee fame under the Barnes regime (shudder!).

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
He just the sort of player who has come out of the cold and could settled really well..>?

I,d sign him

strikers get rotated these days so....Don,t have to play every week

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Drwhoman mentions Steve Jennings. He's not facing any action over the betting scam allegations, but is out of contract at Motherwell and was reported to be training with Coventry. Expect he'd be out of our price range in terms of wages now.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
ronnie moore returns to club, signs jenno and kay to play in the middle lol...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't think anything will come of this. He might be OK as an additional option up front but not fussed either way.

drwhoman

JEFFERS ETC

Thanks for the update on Steve Jennings Boz. Yes - unlikely to be back here anytime soon. Tend to agree with the general view about Jeffers although Ronnie saying on the OWS that both new strikers have knee issues did not fill me with great confidence. On trialists, Ronnie always said that the backup goalie was going to be young, cheap and cheerful but when he is scrabbling around in the Conference for a winger than you start to get a bit depressed even if the guy had potential at some stage before, perhaps, other social activities took on more importance! :razz: