• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Form since Jacko was sacked

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I thought it would be interesting to consider our form since Mike Jackson was sacked.

As is shown in the attached graphic, we are top of the form table for all matches played since early November, despite our mid winter lull immediately following the appointment of Keith Hill. Perhaps most interesting is the gulf in points accumulated in that period between Rovers and several of the teams currently above us in the table, including Forest Green, Cambridge and Cheltenham.

As we have a similar number of matches still to play (seventeen), the statistics suggest that barring the disaster of serious injuries to Clarke, Spearing, Vaughan or Feeney, if we keep trundling along as we have been for the last four months we have a great chance of overtaking those sides currently in the automatic places, and even of winning the title.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-25-20-34-20.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-25-20-34-20.png
    427.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We have the quality and experience in the squad to be top 3/champions we just need to keep showing it consistently

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As we have a similar number of matches still to play (seventeen), the statistics suggest that barring the disaster of serious injuries to Clarke, Spearing, Vaughan or Feeney, if we keep trundling along as we have been for the last four months we have a great chance of overtaking those sides currently in the automatic places, and even of winning the title.
I note that Bolton are a lose second and so could pose our greatest threat. I would not be surprised to see both clubs back in League One next season.

Player
Manager
John King
I note that Bolton are a lose second and so could pose our greatest threat. I would not be surprised to see both clubs back in League One next season.
Yes, no surprise that the two clubs with arguably the strongest squads in the division are at the head of the list.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m not entirely convinced by Bolton’s manager, who arguably should have done better given the players they have.

Player
Manager
John King
I’m not entirely convinced by Bolton’s manager, who arguably should have done better given the players they have.
Me neither, and I would love them to fail miserably. However, the results are what they are.

The difference is that our period of poor form came under an incompetent manager who has since departed, whereas Bolton's periods of struggle were also under Evatt.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting stuff RLC. I really hope Jacko gets a job back in the game. He had a great career and captained a lot of clubs. His record as an assistant will be better than most with 3 Wembley appearances and 2 promotions with us at the very least.

You can understand him wanting a crack at mickys job as he didn’t want to move his young family up to Scotland but it was always a risk for him and the club as plenty of assistants have tried being the number one and it hasn’t worked out.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Interesting that once Bolton and us got a new manager, we have raced up the league. Also, Southend seem to be a new team of late. I wonder if the salary cap partly explains it, as all three clubs probably brought players on higher than L2 average wages down with them, so effectively have a higher budget than everyone else.