• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Forest Green v Rovers

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
Everyone in the team is 'young' compared to Peter. And he is the Captain, knows what he sees and hardly the type to be a political tool. I don't see any benefit in that approach. He was just being honest.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
As I have said, the concern to me is that he felt it necessary to make those comments publicly in the first place. I can't remember a senior player ever making similar comments in four years under Mellon, for example.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think KH is also far too protective of his players which makes them almost immune from criticism. The balance does not seem right where it comes to the point that one of the senior members in the squad is making those comments in public.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There is a suggestion that some of the players aren't delivering for Hill as they don't want him to be in charge next season. Wonder if there's any truth in that or just another conspiracy theory.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
They don’t honestly believe that though. If they think we’ll accept having one shot on target after 70 minutes is good football.. it’s a bit of an insult really.
Why did they feel the need to say it if they don't really believe it, more spin no doubt.

We have gone from having a fantastic chance of making the top 3 to scrambling around to try to make the play offs whilst aying awful football which is simply not good enough. The ramblings of Hill only add to it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The whole Q&A is a great PR exercise which gives them the chance to spin it how they like. You can't tell me he is happy with what he is watching? Those comments he made about iFollow being quite sterile I do agree to an extent but to acually say it's making the football look poor is a bit of a nonsense. How would they justify Sat performance? Maybe we had a flurry of shots in the first half that the 'one' camera did not see. :rolleyes:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The whole Q&A is a great PR exercise which gives them the chance to spin it how they like. You can't tell me he is happy with what he is watching? Those comments he made about iFollow being quite sterile I do agree to an extent but to acually say it's making the football look poor is a bit of a nonsense. How would they justify Sat performance? Maybe we had a flurry of shots in the first half that the 'one' camera did not see. :rolleyes:
Well the Cheltenham game was on sky with multiple cameras and we were worse than awful. There is clearly a growing feeling among the fans that they don't want Hill as manager yet Mark thinks its a small vocal minority.

I hope we go up but really don't see it happening and I really hope that Hill is not manager next season I couldn't bear to watch the style of football he plays

Player
Manager
John King
Well the Cheltenham game was on sky with multiple cameras and we were worse than awful. There is clearly a growing feeling among the fans that they don't want Hill as manager yet Mark thinks its a small vocal minority.

I hope we go up but really don't see it happening and I really hope that Hill is not manager next season I couldn't bear to watch the style of football he plays
The concern for me is that they genuinely seem to believe it is only a minority of supporters that are unhappy. If that is the case, they are out of touch with how a lot of the fanbase are feeling, probably due to the absence of fans in the last year.

There is a real disconnect between club and supporters at the moment and a lot of the good work that was done by Mellon to unite club and supporters is being undone. If we fail to go up and they renew Hill's contract in the summer, I can only see that situation getting worse.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The concern for me is that they genuinely seem to believe it is only a minority of supporters that are unhappy. If that is the case, they are out of touch with how a lot of the fanbase are feeling, probably due to the absence of fans in the last year.

There is a real disconnect between club and supporters at the moment and a lot of the good work that was done by Mellon to unite club and supporters is being undone. If we fail to go up and they renew Hill's contract in the summer, I can only see that situation getting worse.
Totally agree, all of the good work of the previous seasons are rapidly being undone.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I did wonder whether Palios perhaps understandably did want to back the manager publicly at the Q+A. However behind closed doors I’m sure he has concerns about how things have taken a downward turn since Vaughan was injured. The relationship between Hill and the fans is not great either and whilst I can understand the backing of the manager a couple of days before a big game v FGR, if we don’t make the play offs I think Keith’s contract may not be renewed, no matter what Mark said last week

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes Sparky. I think if we fail to go up (which is looking highly likely), it should not be renewed. That is a massive failing. They (the owners) seem to think of KH as this amazing lower league manager completely ignoring the last few months of dross.

Player
Manager
John King
In fairness to Hill, I don't think promotion was ever a given despite the quality of the squad. However, it has been the manner of the (likely) failure that is the concern: the sterile nature of the football and the failure to mount any kind of serious challenge for the top three in the last couple of months.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I'm just watching the Vase final on BT, I can tell you after an hour, it is one of those games that is end to end, full of intent to play attacking football, the game is miles better than anything that Rovers have served up lately.

Do you think that the club can't afford going up?

Player
Manager
John King
We can perfectly afford to go up. We are one of the most financially stable clubs in the bottom two divisions.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I'm just watching the Vase final on BT, I can tell you after an hour, it is one of those games that is end to end, full of intent to play attacking football, the game is miles better than anything that Rovers have served up lately.

Do you think that the club can't afford going up?
No i don't think that at all, same as 2 years ago the financial benefits of promotion far outweigh the negatives

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Hopefully, our recruitment is better. Not impressed with KH's January window.

Player
Manager
John King
There is a suggestion that some of the players aren't delivering for Hill as they don't want him to be in charge next season. Wonder if there's any truth in that or just another conspiracy theory.
Probably just a conspiracy theory to be honest. Most of them are out of contract in the summer anyway, and they are playing for their futures elsewhere, regardless of their relationship with Hill.

Player
I think he should stick to the players' strengths rather than trying to mould them to his 'vision'.His 'vision' is clearly not working. Players out of position doesn't help. Apart from the Sunderland game, I don't recall much of the 'pressing' out of possession as a team (some individuals are trying). When Harrogate can score five against Cambridge, Cheltenham score four against Tranmere, Exeter trounced Tranmere and Tranmere struggle to even get a shot on target, then surely even Hill can see that there is a fundamental problem. I'd rather see 20 shots that miss than all that intricate passing along the wing culminating in a ball hit over to the opposition goalkeeper from the wing.

Player
If that were the case, I'd be glad to see the back of such players. If they can't be motivated to play for the club (and themselves) they should just move on.

It just seems to me that they are incapable of playing the way Hill is demanding.

Player
Manager
John King
It seems that Manny has been accused of homophobic abuse in Saturday's game (denied by the player). Statement now on OS.