• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Forest Green v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is a trip to the Cotswolds for Rovers as we play our old friends from Nailsworth, who for the first time in months find themselves outside the play off places.

The final two Saturdays of the season promise to be pretty dramatic, with so many of the promotion issues still undecided. Although a point for Rovers will guarantee a play off place, I hope we approach the match in a positive manner, following on from the improved second half display last week. As automatic promotion remains a possibility, I think we have to try and win the game. If results do work in our favour, it would be fantastic to go into the final game with a realistic chance of making the top three, after what has been a difficult couple of months for the club.

In terms of selection, the big debate is whether Nugent will start the game after his Lazarus-like performance against Salford. I would be tempted to go with the same personnel and formation as we finished the game with last Saturday, with Kahn on the right and Nugent and Woolery up front. Forest Green are possession based and tend to overload teams in midfield, so we could get into trouble if we play a 442, but I still think we have to at least start with that formation.

Forest Green's form has gone off a cliff in the last few weeks since the injury to leading scorer Jamille Matt, and a change of manager has not reversed the slide. However, they were apparently particularly poor on Tuesday night against Barrow and I hope we don't see a reaction on Saturday.

There had been rumours that James Vaughan would make the bench for this game, but Keith Hill has confirmed that he is unavailable.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A point in thud game guarantees us a play off place which I think will be the case 1 1.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We need to win both games and Bolton draw twice at most, with Morecambe doing worse than us
OR
we need to win one and draw one and Bolton lose both, again with Morecambe doing worse than us.

I can't see either scenario happening as Bolton are on form and Morecambe have both games against mid-table sides.

Player
Manager
John King
I think it is possible that Bolton fail to win either game, although unlikely. Their remaining fixtures at home to Exeter and away to Crawley are not particularly easy, and they have dropped points against struggling sides in recent weeks. Nerves will also play a part at this stage of the season.

We can also technically overtake Cambridge if they lose both of their remaining games, the first of which is at Harrogate tonight.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What will be frustrating will be if Bolton etc drop points and we do the same. I still have concerns about us scoring enough goals generally. Second half last Saturday was better to watch of course but we still only scored one goal. The Bradford game we had to rely on a big slice of luck.

Player
Manager
John King
Farcical situation at Harrogate who have played the reserves tonight because of their re-arranged FA Trophy final on Monday ! Surely that should not have been allowed to happen ?

The EFL / FA could not organise a proverbial in a brewery.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, what a half. Come on Harrogate!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
4-3 :/

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
4-4 - 15 to go
Mullin with with the last two strikes all setup for his hattrick.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, and with that Harrogate get a 5th! Wow.