• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Forest Green v Rovers - Play Off 2

Forest Green v Rovers - Play Off 2
Posted by Ian
The New Lawn
Monday, May 13, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Monday, May 13, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
aldo
all the lads have been brilliant . it was amazing seeing there team suffer and there fans suffer we have had to and as for cooper horrible person. well played rovers a super performance . and a master plan by melon and his team amazing ...... oh im fkn working the 25 th but will try as hard as i can to sort it

drwhoman

4.45am Internet start here in Oz and I feared the worse when FGR got a soft goal. Davies may have been distracted by Doige (?) who was offside. Anyway, great goal from JN and Rovers largely controlled it after that, particularly when their guy was sent off. Onward!!!!!!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Some performance that and great to see FGR finally getting their comeuppance. We had a lot of decisions go our way, over both legs, but it's no more than FGR deserve. A beautiful evening.

My Dad had quite a bad car accident this afternoon and was really shook up. I had a feeling he'd forget about the match so I rang him at full time, he had forgotten, but it cheered him up no end to hear we'd gone through.

And sadly I can't make the final, flying out to Fuerteventura first thing on the 25th, need to find a bar showing Sky!

MOTM: Nors - back to his normal self tonight.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Some performance that and great to see FGR finally getting their comeuppance. We had a lot of decisions go our way, over both legs, but it's no more than FGR deserve. A beautiful evening.

My Dad had quite a bad car accident this afternoon and was really shook up. I had a feeling he'd forget about the match so I rang him at full time, he had forgotten, but it cheered him up no end to hear we'd gone through.

And sadly I can't make the final, flying out to Fuerteventura first thing on the 25th, need to find a bar showing Sky!

MOTM: Nors - back to his normal self tonight.
Was in Caleta last month, Gray; you'll have no problem finding a bar showing the match!!!

Player
aldo
ok the boys celebrated and the fans to . now get back down to earth . shut up concentrate the job is only half done . what numbers do we think we can take we had over 10 k last year can see almost 20k going we have best part of two weeks to jam the end we are given

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That was a superb performance from Rovers. I wanted a professional one and they sure delivered. We controlled midfield, defended superbly and Nors was back to his best being an absolute pain in the ass for defenders. I honestly thought FGR were going to go for it from the start but we didn't let them play. We controlled the game and were the much better side throughout. We were calm, never panicked even after conceding and our quality shone through for the rest of the game.

Wembley here we come you little belter!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
ok the boys celebrated and the fans to . now get back down to earth . shut up concentrate the job is only half done . what numbers do we think we can take we had over 10 k last year can see almost 20k going we have best part of two weeks to jam the end we are given
I would be good if we could take 20,000 this year.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think we'll see Mike Dean interviewed on national TV in the next few days. He's the first ref to give 100 red cards in the EPL. Hope he's retired by the time we get there. ;)

Player
aldo
we sold 10 in a week . last year this time we have just under 2 weeks .lets pack are end and enjoy what a magnificent team showing from the lads 3 years having Wembley games only the LEGENG who is mr King has done it Where Will mm statue go and the Lord Norwoods

Player
aldo
fair to mike . let the man enjoy himself oh on to the fefs for both games they are the best fefs we have had in donkeys years . can we have em every week lol

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
He's great Mike D isn't he ;)
Unashamed white.
What was good about last night, going a goal behind so early, there was no panic. A quick dusting off and thoroughly professional thereafter.
What a great finish from Lord.
Unlike last two years, will go down to Twin Towers and have a great day from sunrise.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unlike last two years, will go down to Twin Towers and have a great day from sunrise.
Absolutely. The pressure we all felt trying to get out of the national league was not enjoyable.

Whatever happens at Wembley, we've had a fantastic season and we should all just enjoy it.

Boz - You have to go to Wembley. These are some of the best days supporting the team and look what you missed last year!

ADD

Player
Norwood
Well that was an awesome display - aside from the goal which yes it bounced awkwardly but Davies should have saved - they had no other chances of note. I certainly was not expecting that and the boys closed it out easily which we can't often say about Tranmere!! Don't care what Cooper thinks 9 men and all that - what about Doidge elbow - 9 against 9 we would have won anyhow! It is so nice when we see people posting that we got the rub of the green as god knows we have had some terrible decisions against us this year. This team today looked like it was capable of playing in L1 and doing well and if we do win at Wembley maybe Nors and Monthe will be tempted to stay? Although I have already commented on RLC's post just to say again how well Harris has played recently. Personally I thought he was immense today - apart from getting skinned by Williams once he was faultless and I would have given him MOM even tho Nors was again excellent.
Finally fair play to MM - I have not always been convinced by his tactics this season especially in that poor run in November/ December but last night he got it spot on with Jennings playing more forward and giving Nors more support and a good substitution when Gilmour was brought on. Roll on the 25th - we can do this!!!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Spot on, CK. I will never say a Rovers match doesn't matter, but some matter more than others. Had we lost last year, I would have despaired for the club, the owners and the fans. If we lose this year, I will just look back on a fantastic season. Win or lose, we can all look forward to next season with confidence.

Unlike FGR and BW, I have no issues with Newport as a club. They and their supporters have been through the dark times like us and we have no past history with them, so it should be a party atmosphere.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Spot on, CK. I will never say a Rovers match doesn't matter, but some matter more than others. Had we lost last year, I would have despaired for the club, the owners and the fans. If we lose this year, I will just look back on a fantastic season. Win or lose, we can all look forward to next season with confidence.

Unlike FGR and BW, I have no issues with Newport as a club. They and their supporters have been through the dark times like us and we have no past history with them, so it should be a party atmosphere.
While I agree with you, there is still a lot of pressure on this game, as with any final.

If we lose we will almost certainly lose key players - Norwood, probably Monthe - and miss out on some of our number one targets. There is no guarantee that we will match this season's success next time around, or in the next three or four years, so we really need to grasp this opportunity while we can. I would not want us to simply view Wembley as a day out and not have total focus on the result.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
God willing, in another few years we'll be on here debating a high or a low. Nors will be long gone (though never forgotten).
I think us supporters are due our day out when, if we lose, the consequences won't be critical.
Let's have a great day and leave MM to the Agincourt speach:thumbsup: