• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Forest Green v Rovers - Play Off 2

Forest Green v Rovers - Play Off 2
Posted by Ian
The New Lawn
Monday, May 13, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Monday, May 13, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Great game management, disappointing some of the fan behaviour at f/t. Can we do Newport....?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Mark Cooper is complaining about the officials. He claims the refs association thought Doidge should have had a penalty at PP and Rovers only nine men. I think we had the benefit of a lot of the decisions but boy have we had a lot of bad luck ourselves over the past few years.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I was wrong twice tonight. I said the first goal would be important and that we needed a second goal. But our overall control of the game was superb. The best example was the goal itself, which came from a move worthy of a higher league. I can't think of a single player who did not run their heart out or had a poor game. I certainly won't criticise Scotty after the season he's had and the way he retained his composure. It was a difficult ball which bounced in front of him.

Player
Norwood
What a majestic performance, they worked so hard and totally deserved it.
We were a tad lucky with decisions, the sending off was a foul but not a second yellow.
Having said that, who cares, as FGR are most certainly a team not averse to playing in the dark arts, and I'm so glad we beat them.
I'm so f#@ked off though, as I couldn't go to Wembley last year, and am away on a family holiday on the 25th...

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
What a majestic performance, they worked so hard and totally deserved it.
We were a tad lucky with decisions, the sending off was a foul but not a second yellow.
Having said that, who cares, as FGR are most certainly a team not averse to playing in the dark arts, and I'm so glad we beat them.
I'm so f#@ked off though, as I couldn't go to Wembley last year, and am away on a family holiday on the 25th...
That is very unfortunate Chris.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It allowed Jennings to move forward to support Nors when against 10 men.
Impressed that Micky knew they were going to have a man sent off, as the sub took place a few minutes earlier. Seriously, glad that the change worked out, but I felt Morris had a decent game, much better than the home leg and got the assist for Norwood's goal.

Sorry you're missing the final Chris. I could go, but given my Rovers Wembley jinx haven't decided if it's better staying away.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think Jay Harris deserves a special mention tonight. A player most of us wrote off a few months ago, but he has been fantastic in the run in. Nelson looks an excellent player as well and has stepped up when we needed him. I loved his celebration at the end, the first to run to the fans.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I am trying hard to feel sorry for FGR, but I can't. They were lucky to go up two years ago, not because we played better at Wembley but because we were the only team to challenge Lincoln and had half our best team missing. And it is payback for the tactics in the league games over the years.

Sorry you can't join us at Wembley this time.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Impressed that Micky knew they were going to have a man sent off, as the sub took place a few minutes earlier. Seriously, glad that the change worked out, but I felt Morris had a decent game, much better than the home leg and got the assist for Norwood's goal.

Sorry you're missing the final Chris. I could go, but given my Rovers Wembley jinx haven't decided if it's better staying away.
You're right about the sub, Boz, but I hope you come to Wembley. We broke our jinx against FGR, you can break yours against Newport.

Reactions: Boz

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Shame on ME! I didn't really BELIEVE tonight. Now I do! Even managed to unite Dingles and B**tards in support of the SWA this evening! A very composed performance and I think the 12 days rest will do us a power of good. How Norwood dragged himself onto that pitch and put in such a performance I'll never know; Legend status rubber stamped. Thank God we never let FGR get into a leading position where they could employ their dark arts, because they are VERY good at it. Annual sojourn here we come ….

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree about Harris. He’s been brilliant in both games. Tenacious but didn’t go overboard .

Manny was brilliant again but Nelson didn’t let doidge bully him and was immense

Player
Norwood

Well, that's what I said to my brother!
He went with my dad last May, so I told him that we should stick with a winning formula, with just two upfront!

Reactions: Boz
Player
Norwood
I am trying hard to feel sorry for FGR, but I can't. They were lucky to go up two years ago, not because we played better at Wembley but because we were the only team to challenge Lincoln and had half our best team missing. And it is payback for the tactics in the league games over the years.

Sorry you can't join us at Wembley this time.

Cheers, totally agree about FGR. Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.