• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Forest Green v Rovers - Play Off 2

Forest Green v Rovers - Play Off 2
Posted by Ian
The New Lawn
Monday, May 13, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Monday, May 13, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

drwhoman

I see that the winner will play Newport. They have done well considering they almost fell into the NL recently..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Going to miss this one now due to illness, first game I have missed home or away this season. Gutted. Oh well, Sky Sports it is then.......

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Unlucky RLC. Work commitments stop me going to this one but at least we get the pleasure of the sky sports coverage :unsure:

Player
aldo
yes get well soon . im watching at work witch is great .im realy happy the boys have been quiet not mouthing off and all that . focus is the word be pro get the job done no stupid stuff .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Get well soon RLC. Hoping you’ll feel much better come 9:30pm or thereabouts!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We want focus like they had last year at Wembley. I remember watching Norwood interviewed before the final and I just remember him being completely focused and having the mentality to win at all costs.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
It is four years to the day since Norwood signed for us, so hopefully there is some kind of omen there. I agree that in the 2017 final we got too wrapped up in the occasion, in addition to the injuries, and hopefully that won't happen tonight.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Didn't help at the time but I think that 2017 final really helped the players as they were gutted afterwards and didn't want to taste defeat again. I dont think they would have had the same desire and hunger to win last year against those odds.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If it goes to penalties, wonder who’ll take them. Norwood, CJ and Buxton, if on the pitch, but don’t know who of the other likely starters would be any good and Norwood’s record is patchy.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I guess Dagnall might take a penalty and or Mullin if available given they are strikers.

As I’ve said previously I just hope our players like Harris and Nors keep their discipline.the home crowd and their players will be on the ref for any minor offence. Plus they’ll be trying to wind us up. Cooper has said they’ll be going for it so just hope we can keep it tight early doors and weather the storm

Player
Manager
John King
I would not fancy us on penalties to be honest. FGR have got quite a few technical players, plus home advantage.

We need to replicate our battling performances at Newport and Lincoln, although the circumstances are quite different to those games, with FGR certain to come at us from the first minute. On the positive side, we have only conceded three goals in our last seven away games, if you exclude the 'reserve match' at Crawley.

Apparently, on the last nine occasions a League Two team has taken a lead into the second leg of the play offs, the side going into the game with an advantage has gone to Wembley. Make of that what you will.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If we can go in at half time without conceding, I'll be very happy.

rossb07

Player
Adam Buxton
I would not fancy us on penalties to be honest. FGR have got quite a few technical players, plus home advantage.

We need to replicate our battling performances at Newport and Lincoln, although the circumstances are quite different to those games, with FGR certain to come at us from the first minute. On the positive side, we have only conceded three goals in our last seven away games, if you exclude the 'reserve match' at Crawley.

Apparently, on the last nine occasions a League Two team has taken a lead into the second leg of the play offs, the side going into the game with an advantage has gone to Wembley. Make of that what you will.....

Reckons are there to be broken, just like Newport’s which is something like 12 unbeaten at Wembley or in the playoffs isn’t it?

Player
Manager
John King
I hope the one I mentioned is not broken, because it actually favours us.