• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Football Finances

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You wonder how many other clubs are in the same position as Wigan. Overspending to reach the promised land. Football is in a right mess.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
You wonder how many other clubs are in the same position as Wigan. Overspending to reach the promised land. Football is in a right mess.
The article is a fair high level summary. The answer to your wonderings will be "most of them".

drwhoman

The Wigan situation was partially a result of the EFL not properly vetting the new owners. I will be interested o see whether Newcastle is taken over the Saudis. Very wealthy but a regime that is abhorrent. Will money win?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The Wigan situation was partially a result of the EFL not properly vetting the new owners.
This is happening time and time again. What do the EFL actually do?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Lower down both Plymouth and Doncaster have announced some Covid related redundancies

drwhoman

This is happening time and time again. What do the EFL actually do?

As I do not think they are accountable to anyone - probably not much! As they have demonstrated with Rovers they like the quiet life! Just keep picking up what is probably a big pay cheque!

ADD

Player
Norwood
The Wigan situation was partially a result of the EFL not properly vetting the new owners. I will be interested o see whether Newcastle is taken over the Saudis. Very wealthy but a regime that is abhorrent. Will money win?
A rhetorical question I am sure?!!