• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FOOTBALL AS IT WAS AND YORK CITY

drwhoman

I never got to Bootham Crescent but the attached black and white photo montage reminds me of how so many football grounds used to be physically although football fans still live the game in more modern surroundings.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks for sharing that article, drw. Not long ago, I met a York City fan and we still email each other, congratulating and commiserating with each other, which has happened quite a lot! When we met, they were still in the league, but have dropped two tiers since. However, they have won the FA Trophy at Wembley. It’s very sad to see them in NLN, but with their new stadium open at last they look like a club on the way up.

drwhoman

Thanks for sharing that article, drw. Not long ago, I met a York City fan and we still email each other, congratulating and commiserating with each other, which has happened quite a lot! When we met, they were still in the league, but have dropped two tiers since. However, they have won the FA Trophy at Wembley. It’s very sad to see them in NLN, but with their new stadium open at last they look like a club on the way up.
I hope so BBTC. Last time I was in
Uk I visited the NRM in York. Very impressive. I think I last went there as a schoolboy!

Player
aldo
we could do with a new stadium that has custom suites and more modern function rooms and also quality eateries for the fans to buy topo quality street foods, they could do that type of food now easy cheap and really tasty, and the club would make a killing, just had my last stocktake and we got a GP of 78% not bad considering the world we live in now LOL oh I have just put in my super oven a 16-hour roast ribeye of beef that will be cooked to 48 degrees it melts like butter. tomorrow I will make our own baguettes and we will have the steak on it with slow-cooked caramelized onions and homemade Paprica chips

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
oh I have just put in my super oven a 16-hour roast ribeye of beef that will be cooked to 48 degrees it melts like butter. tomorrow I will make our own baguettes and we will have the steak on it with slow-cooked caramelized onions and homemade Paprica chips
Can you sneak it into the JK stand AM? I'd much prefer this over the Johnny King Dog!

Player
aldo
would love to I have put this to the club but have had nothing back, we are getting loads of amazing emails or letters from parties saying good things as normal we also get loads just coming in asking about the place, let's just put it this way I have made over 300 sticky toffy puddings in over 2 months and we make all our own foods

Player
aldo
the mad thing is it don,t cost loads to do this stuff right I would love to help the club out I would be like a pig in shit to be the clubs head chef but they could not afford me LOL

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
A former head chef, left Rovers because the club offered him a revised pay deal.
He left!
No, the club would never afford you.

And he is not the only member of staff, that has been given a chance to help the club!!!!

Player
aldo
Had the odd meal at the club, but not for a fair few years the last time was Valentine's day one was well overpriced, the food was ok but nothing special, but as I said before its not rocket science and really easy to do, but at the end of the day it is up to the club to want it

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
With the imminent arrival of the new fan zone with its quality beers, you would think the club would try to ramp up its food offering. If they could get a reputation for providing something a bit above the ordinary, it could provide a regular income stream, even on non- match days.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Personally, I think the Cowshed Catering food in the ground is fine, and much better than the garbage Willow Catering used to serve up.

The queues are too long and there appear to be staff shortages, but the actual quality is OK.