• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fon Williams

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Once again, Fonners did not get off the bench for Wales tonight, evn in a meaningless mid-season friendly. Very disappointing.

On every occasion he has been called up he has attended and for his commitment and professional attitude alone, I think he has deserved at least forty five minutes on the pitch. Given his recent club form he must wonder what he has to do to get in the starting eleven.

If I was in his position I would be tempted to quit the international scene, as Coleman's treatment of him has been pretty insulting.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
Surely he must be on some kind of record by now for amount of call ups without ever playing !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit of a joke really.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The way OFW gets treated is very strange. Fairness never counted in football, but surely common-sense should. Goalkeeper is a key position. He could be called upon to come on at any time. Surely therefore he should be given some time in a friendly first to give him the experience and to build confidence. Otherwise, how can Chris Coleman know if he could cope? All the England managers I've known (and that's a lot!) have always given their number two and number three keepers a run out.

drwhoman

Agree BBTC. A bit of a nonsense really. Some might say an insult but if Coleman is forced to play him sometime his cavalier approach might come back to bite him. Still I hope OFW gets a reasonable fee!

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
Has this man got a club for 15/16 yet ? or will he be sleeping on the wales bench all season ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Still don't think he's got a club. He wasn't ruling out a move abroad.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Poor guy. He obviously wants a club which makes him first choice. I'm surprised if every club in League One and Two has a better keeper.