• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fleetwood

drwhoman

Have sacked Joey Barton. A bit strange given their position in L1 but he is a bit awkward to handle and maybe the Chairman is fed up. Funny to think that I remember the Club when it was in the Lancashire Combination!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Have sacked Joey Barton. A bit strange given their position in L1 but he is a bit awkward to handle and maybe the Chairman is fed up. Funny to think that I remember the Club when it was in the Lancashire Combination!
Strange indeed. I think he did a good job, although with a bigger budget than us. I wonder who they will get. Could they afford Paul Cook?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
His assault of the Barnsley manager a few months ago probably played a part, and it seems there has been a recent bust up with Ched Evans.

I personally think we are better off with him out of football.

drwhoman

His assault of the Barnsley manager a few months ago probably played a part, and it seems there has been a recent bust up with Ched Evans.

I do not disagree RLC but I will be surprised if he does not get a gig somewhere else as some future time given what is, sadly, happening with Covid in England.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
They have form here. I recall they were doing very well a few years back when they sacked their manager out of the blue.....a certain M Mellon;)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

Maybe they think it's going to court.

Certainly more to it than meets the eye.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The assault case involving Joey Barton and the then Barnsley manager has already reached Crown Court, but now the trial date put back to June due to covid. From what's been reported the evidence appears fairly strong and the Fleetwood chairman could and perhaps should have got rid of Barton a while back. Their league position isn't great, but within touching distance of the play-offs. Doubt the real reason will come out, but I share RLCs sentiment that the game would be better without him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thug, pure and simple.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
It's a shame that both Clint Hill and Andy Mangan join the ranks of the unemployed.