• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fleetwood v Rovers

Fleetwood v Rovers
Posted by Ian
Highbury Stadium
Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
After the epic Cup win at Wycombe, a difficult trip to the Lancs coast to face Fleetwood, with the SWA snapping up all available tickets. The hosts are sitting in a play-off position, though lost their last game at Bolton. I don't know much about their side, forwards Paddy Madden and Ched Evans are dangerous opponents, while manager Joey Barton, who's more infamous for non-footballing things and due to stand trial for assault on an opposing manager, has done better than expected in the management role. Micky was manager here and took Fleetwood into L1 before falling out with the chairman, apparently due to applying for other jobs, so may be even keener than usual to get something out of this one.

Haven't heard any team news or injury updates. Wilson obviously banned, so Borthwick-Jackson on the left side of a 5 man defence seems most likely. Will Spellman get a spot on the bench, given we're down to the bare bones defensively? In the continued absence of Danns, the midfield more or less picks itself. It will be interesting to see if we start with the same Ferrier-Payne pairing up front. My preference would be a more varied attack of Ferrier and Hepburn-Murphy, but probably we'll stick with experience.

Think it's most likely that we'll lose this one, but with our rivals at the bottom having games where they would be hopeful of picking up something, a point or more would be very useful.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
With our poor defensive record against their potent strikeforce I can only see a home win, going for 2 0

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Perkins Danns and Ridehalgh are in contention tomorrow

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not confident about this one but then again I said that the other night too!

Player
ian goodison
think madden played for Yeovil some time ago and was dangerous then, went for a 1-0 win wed. but that was said in pure desperation really, if and a big if the 3 lads mentioned are fit it gives micky the chance to rest some players, not a clue as to the score so will be made up with a draw

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bit of an old boys gathering. I knew mangan was on their coaching team but didn’t realise Clint hill is Barton’s assistant.
The cod army lie 8th and have a potent strike force. I’d take a point but fear their front 2 could be too much for us

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It will be interesting to see whether we start with a back four or five. We looked far more comfortable after switching to 441 on Wednesday night through necessity, but I doubt we will play an open 442 tomorrow.

If Perks and Danns are available we will at least be able to rotate some of the exhausted players from Wednesday night, but I am not sure Ridehalgh will be an automatic choice considering Borthwick-Jackson's performance against Wycombe. I think Micky will probably play Liam as the third centre back, with George Ray returning to the bench.

I would start Ferrier and Payne up front. Stefan did OK in midweek prior to being subbed, and I think we are going to need some physical presence in the final third tomorrow.

In addition to Madden and Evans, Fleetwood have a number of other decent players such as Peter Clarke, Jordan Rossiter and Dean Marney.

I don't expect us to get anything tomorrow, and any kind of result would be a big bonus.

Last edited:
Player
aldo
well im super positive and going for a 1-0 its gonna be a hard game but think the boys are gonna be super pumped and full of beans . after the other night . morgs to get a 95th min winner sending 1070 whites crazy . thats what i think and i might put a couple of quid on it to

Player
Manager
John King
Same line up that started the game on Wednesday, but with Rushian replacing Stefan and CBJ in for Wilson. 532. Perkins and Woods on the bench.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I predicted Wednesday's win but that was the cup. Now we are back in League One, I think it might go to form. Do we have the legs and the determination to do it again three days later? Anything we get would be a bonus. A narrow defeat would e disappointing but not a setback.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I predicted Wednesday's win but that was the cup. Now we are back in League One, I think it might go to form. Do we have the legs and the determination to do it again three days later? Anything we get would be a bonus. A narrow defeat would e disappointing but not a setback.

With MK 2 up a defeat is bad news, we are 1 down

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We really could do with getting something out of this game, the lack of a clean sheet again and a worrying lack of goals

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Actually a decent half from Rovers with Fleetwood's goal coming from another set piece. Rovers have been the more enterprising with defence holding firm and Jennings/Potter playing well in the middle. Only slight let down I would say is the forwards who have made some good runs but need to be a bit sharper to get in behind the Fleetwood defence. Certainly all to play for here.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Accrington, MKD and Wimbledon all leading at h/t which is not good for us.
Was the Blackett-Taylor for Ray substitution tactical or had George picked up an injury?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tactical I think Boz.

Player
Manager
John King
We should have got something from that. Even first half but we were the better side in the second.