• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Fixtures out tomorrow morning

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Less than a month after our Wembley triumph, the schedule for 2019/2020 will unfold. If the fixture fairy is listening, I'd like the following...

Away game to open and on Boxing Day, with a decent home game on New Year's Day; Sunderland or notlob maybe?

Saturday games for Coventry home and Wycombe away as potential for meeting up with mates. Also for the trips to Rotherham and Burton, as they're the two other away games I'm most likely to attend.

A fairly gentle set of fixtures at the end of the season. No reason to think we can't hold our own, but wouldn't want to be up against the big guns needing points to stay up.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A home game on Boxing Day every time for me. I just hope the Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich and Coventry away games are on Saturdays, and the opening fixtures are not too challenging.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'd like the southeast games to be when I'm not on holiday, especially the Gillingham match as it would be a new ground for me.

Player
Manager
John King
Rochdale at home first game, which will be a good gauge of our progress. Both Sunderland matches are on Tuesdays which is disappointing. Portsmouth away is a great first away match and the first three home games - Dale, Bolton, Bury - are good. Decent holiday fixtures, home to Coventry on New Year's Day and home to Rotherham on Easter Monday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes, decent draw and always a bonus when it's at home.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From a personal view, the fixtures haven’t fallen kindly; the trip to Burton on a Boxing Day AGAIN and the New Year game at home to Coventry means my Sky Blue mate is unable to make it. As RLC says, shame both Sunderland games are midweek, while you’d think they could have picked a more local side than Bristol Rovers for another midweek pairing. Norwood’s return on January 18th is timed when any goals scored against us won’t prove fatal. Given our recent record let’s hope we’re not going to Peterborough needing anything from the last game. It’s a decent start, with some localish opponents although the early away at Pompey will be a toughie.

Home to Hull in the Cup is fine, always looking for a home game against an opponent from another league in these fixtures.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Couple of fixture changes

Southend at home brought forward to Friday 18th October. Good to have a Friday night game, but a shame it couldn't be like last season for one of the more local fixtures.

Bury away brought forward from Good Friday to Thursday evening. If the Shakers are still around then.

Player
Manager
John King
Bury away brought forward from Good Friday to Thursday evening. If the Shakers are still around then.
That change is a bit annoying and deprives us of a holiday fixture. I can't see the reason for it, unless other clubs in the Manchester area are at home on the Friday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thurs evening? What is this nonsense? o_O