• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FGR v Rovers

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Was on the cards for me. I felt a number of circumstances colluded against us. Mickey post match Yeovil about travelling down to FGR rather than staying over is not an issue? Some players have contradicted this with their tweets about travel and alluding to being tired. Sutton playing again after a long lay off whilst Ellis fresh on the bench? Stockton, I keep saying we miss & have no natural alternative? The other defensive injuries at left back obviously force these situations, splitting Manny & Steve so hopefully just a low ebb we can bounce back from on Saturday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Could Akammadu play the Stockton role? Nobody knows, perhaps surprising he’s not been given more opportunity after a decent cameo at Morecambe. Seems Norwood plays better with a similar striker (Mullin) than on his own.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am still not convinced Norwood playing as a lone striker is necessarily a problem. Last night FGR played 451 and if we had set up in a 442 our problems could have been even greater. Norwood still had good opportunities to score but did not take them. I think the quality of the opposition dictates the formation we use to a great extent.

Crawley are another decent side in good form, so it will be interesting to see how we set up on Saturday.