• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Facey or Dadi???

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

Facey or Dadi???

• Total voters
DixieDean said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
"Are you Little in disguise?"!

you havent actually read my post at all have you? :roll:

if you have, please tell me what part of it is pro Little?

first of all little hated the dadi. and you're reasoning is exactly the reasons little will come up with! bare in mind it was his dozy decision to get rid of paul hall,and iain hume for that matter(imo)! the dadi would still do better with the current crop of players than facey would do even if zidane,ronaldinho,shevchenko,or even david beckham were to supply the balls for him to feed on! the dadi was a character too,and facey is just a quite boy! na sorry,facey doesn't do it for me and he never will,he can go back to yorkshire for all i care!

Griff

At the end of the day you buy strikers to score goals. I dont care now much work a striker puts in, in fact I would prefer that the midfield started working a bit harder and left the strikers to put it in the net.

I can only go on what I've seen so far.

Dadi all day.
Lazy, slow, pops up and scores a goal. No competition.

I also dont like the fact that when he plays this 4-3-3 formation it is up to the 2 wide strikers to bring all of the creativity. The 3 useless gimps in the midfeild never stray more then 5 yards from each other and were of no use going forward or in defence.

I know you wont like this, but we were crying out for a creative midfield player in the centre. McAteer !!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
bare in mind it was his dozy decision to get rid of paul hall,and iain hume for that matter(imo)

Sorry but if you can find me any evidence which proves it was Littles decision to sell Hume I will be amazed... it was Hume's decision to go and a club like ours who have just missed out on promotion have to respect his decision. As for Paul Hall maybe in hindsight it was a bad decision but at the start of this season our aim was promotion so what would be the point of Little giving Hall a 2 year contract because if we were in the Championship next season like it was hoped (ok its not going to happen now) he would have just been in the reserves!

By the way the quote was from Aldo's Worthy 2000.

Griff said:
At the end of the day you buy strikers to score goals. I dont care now much work a striker puts in, in fact I would prefer that the midfield started working a bit harder and left the strikers to put it in the net.

I can only go on what I've seen so far.

Dadi all day.
Lazy, slow, pops up and scores a goal. No competition.

I also dont like the fact that when he plays this 4-3-3 formation it is up to the 2 wide strikers to bring all of the creativity. The 3 useless gimps in the midfeild never stray more then 5 yards from each other and were of no use going forward or in defence.

I know you wont like this, but we were crying out for a creative midfield player in the centre. McAteer !!!

griff i was impressed with you're opinion up until you mentioned the m word!

na,everyone is entitled to there opinion so that's only fair,you obviously rate the guy and i don't!

i'd personally prefer to have an out and out winger like johnny morrissey!

Joe_TRFC said:
bare in mind it was his dozy decision to get rid of paul hall,and iain hume for that matter(imo)

Sorry but if you can find me any evidence which proves it was Littles decision to sell Hume I will be amazed... it was Hume's decision to go and a club like ours who have just missed out on promotion have to respect his decision. As for Paul Hall maybe in hindsight it was a bad decision but at the start of this season our aim was promotion so what would be the point of Little giving Hall a 2 year contract because if we were in the Championship next season like it was hoped (ok its not going to happen now) he would have just been in the reserves!

By the way the quote was from Aldo's Worthy 2000.

if brian little had any ambition(which he hasn't)iain hume would not of left!if brian put his foot down we could of kept hume till at least january(depending on season)all brian had to say to lorraine rogers when bids were flying in was,"if you sell him for less than a million i want all of the cash"."and if not am off"!now having just missed out on promotion it was understandable we were gunna be tempted by any cash offer.and also iain hume was desperate to progress his career.but iain made it quite clear that he wanted to do it with rovers!now iain has been givin' a very good deal down at leicester(which i've heard he's very happy about,and he his also finding the people very friendly) but i feel his hand was forced,especially with the way he was treated towards the end of his rovers day's!

on paul hall,please don't come up with the joke of an excuse that he will be in the reserves if we got promoted,cos' what the fcuk is theo whitmore(who is better than danny harrson) doin now?exactly playing no football on 1st team wages!also what does it say for paul hall?"get us promoted mate and then we'll fcuk you off"!nice managment for ya that like!who's to say he wouldn't rip championship defences apart?look at teddy sheringham in the prem,he's 40,so age doesn't matter!also he was our 3rd best player last year,let alone a player who could play in a variety of positions!

little got it wrong BIG TIMEand he knows it,and thats why he panicked and signed summerbee!

all will be revealed :!:

DixieDean

do you lot still really think that Dadi is better than Facey? Would Dadi have put in the kind of performance that Facey did against Swansea? I think not....

J

JD

championship_here_we_come said:
as facey was the replacement for dadi
who would you prefer in your squad
1)fat lazy sh*t player (facey)
2)lazy with moments of genious player (dadi)

im going for number 2 dadi all the way

I'll go for the guy who has scored 3 in his last 3, and who is improving in every game!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but so is giving players a chance to actually settle into the club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
To an extent Facey was also the Iain Hume replacement, arriving just before Humey left, but when it was looking likely he would go. Think Facey is more of an all-round player than Dadi & he is a decent crosser of the ball. Neither would be in my team of choice mind.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

After the last couple of games ive been to Facey has been our best player and he has won me over. I voted for Facey but if you woyld of asked me a couple of weeks ago it would of been Dadi my vote would of went to

Player
Morrisey
Dadi vs. Hartlepool at home still sticks in my mind! Him and Ranks were really effective. Dadi was clearly playing for a place next year and was linking with Hume and the midfield. that's why he got my vte but now it would be facey.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes it sounds like Facey is winning the fans over with his improved performances in recent weeks.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I liked him to start then he went crap and i doidnt like him but hes really playing well hes back in my good books. hes probably had a kick up the ars and he knows now what its al about.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeah I hane the same opinion as BH. He did play shit at times

M

Matthew The Rover

As he has played more, he's got better. Maybe no other club has given him the chance Brian has, and thats why he was released/sold.

J

Johnny King is God

Ian said:
you could always be guaranteed a goal from dadi eventually..
however, with facey, there's probably more chance of little still being manager next season!

hmm

J

Johnny King is God

championship_here_we_come said:
fat lazy sh*t player (facey)
2)lazy with moments of genious player (dadi)

thats the last one i promise - smug attack over.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I wasnt a fan of him at first but now im all for him