• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Facey or Dadi???

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date

Facey or Dadi???

• Total voters
C

championship_here_we_come

as facey was the replacement for dadi
who would you prefer in your squad
1)fat lazy shit player (facey)
2)lazy with moments of genious player (dadi)

im going for number 2 dadi all the way

M

Matthew The Rover

Dadi scored roughly 30 goals in two seasons. Ok, he was much poorer last season, but 10 goals (roughly) wasn't too bad for the amount of football he got, and is more than Facey will score. I tell you Del Boy Trotter would be a better target man.

C

Matthew The Rover said:
Dadi scored roughly 30 goals in two seasons.

facey has only scored 30 goals in his carear which started in 1998 when he played a part in 20 games

so thats 30 in 2 seasons vs 30 in 7 years

i know what i would choose

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
dadi for the only reason that he was more of character adn had a little laugh with the fans,and thats it!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
you could always be guaranteed a goal from dadi eventually..
however, with facey, there's probably more chance of little still being manager next season!

DixieDean

i assume this is "as they are now" and not as they were in the past.

therefore, i'd go for Facey every time.

Dadi is past it and cant stay on his feet.

at least facey wins stuff in the air...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dadi could never stay on his feet, but at least he'd score you a goal every now and again.

Whats the point of a striker winning headers if it doesn't help the team or score him goals.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Ian said:
however, with facey, there's probably more chance of little still being manager next season!

how do you mean? whats facey gotta do with little being manager,
please explain as I'm in a pickle :?

C

bolton_hater said:
Ian said:

how do you mean? whats facey gotta do with little being manager,
please explain as I'm in a pickle :?

have ou never heard of probability
it is more likely that little willl be in charge next year than it is facey to score a goal

also see if is more likely that it will rain tomorrow than it will be sunny

DixieDean

Ian said:
Dadi could never stay on his feet, but at least he'd score you a goal every now and again.

Whats the point of a striker winning headers if it doesn't help the team or score him goals.

facey puts 100% more effort in than dadi would and like i said it's about how things stand NOW. Facey will score more for us than Dadi will for Forest this season...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Dadi just because if he was still here he may of scored a couple and he is a character

DixieDean said:
Ian said:

facey puts 100% more effort in than dadi would and like i said it's about how things stand NOW. Facey will score more for us than Dadi will for Forest this season...

don't agree with you on this one! ok so the dadi might not get a game at forest but what he did while he was with us is miles better than whatever facey is capeable of! i don't even think facey tries hard mate! i know dadi wasn't up for a battle and was often found on the floor but he could'nt half finish.there were times against mk dons that facey backed out of 50-50's and looked un-interested and imo he can't hit a barn door!

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
what he did while he was with us is miles better than whatever facey is capeable of!

if you think dadi's performances for us last season were better than facey's this season then you shouldn't be allowed to watch football. :shock: :lol: :shock:

DixieDean said:
Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
what he did while he was with us is miles better than whatever facey is capeable of!

if you think dadi's performances for us last season were better than facey's this season then you shouldn't be allowed to watch football. :shock: :lol: :shock:

he still scored 6 goals. and he wasn't given much of a chance! whats facey done for us this season? please remind me!

M

Matthew The Rover

Dadi scored more than six I think. Nearer 10, but I may be wrong.

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:

So you are comparing purely on goals scored and nothing else?

You are quite happy to say "Dadi scored 10 so he's better than Facey". Well, Greenacre has only got 7, so are you saying Dadi is better than Him too? Of course he's not. Dadi was in a FAR MORE CREATIVE side (a side that scored more goals in a season than in a long long time).

This current team has no creative spark. Last season we had Paul Hall, Ian Hume & Ryan Taylor all creating plenty of goalscoring chances for the team.

This season we have NO CREATIVITY whatsoever. Dadi would not have scored a single goal if he'd played the games Facey has. Our style seems to be "lump it forward". Facey wins so many headers and gets flick-ons. Is it his fault if Greenacre always runs the wrong way? I take it the guys have actually been introduced and train together, but you never know with Mr Little in charge.

With our current style of play, Dadi would not have a chance. He would be on the floor constantly. The man would be a liability (as he was towards the end of his TRFC career and as he now is at Nottm Forest).

The team this season is nowhere near the standard of last season's team. Rankine is a shadow of himself and you don't need me to list the quality that has left, only to be replaced with rejects like Aiston.

So, although it seems blatantly obvious to blame Facey, I think sometimes you have to look at the overall picture before jumping to conclusions. Actually watch the lad during a game. Watch the support he (doesn't) get and watch how much running and closing down he does. He tends to get tired around the hour mark in the games I've seen, but that's understandable with the amount of pressure he puts on the opposing defenders. He work 99% harder than Dadi EVER did. And this season, we are going to need that kind of attitude more than ever. Could you actually imagine Dadi playing for a team fighting relegation? I'm just SOOO glad he's gone.

M

Matthew The Rover

I don't remember once saying Dadi is better than Greenacre so stop putting words into my mouth. But if we buy a striker, I want one who scores goals, excuse me if I'm wrong but is that not their primary job?

Dadi scored roughly ten in one season, Greenacre, who I am still not convinced by has done well to score 7 in one third of a season, and credit it to him. But one thing that must be observed is Facey and Greenacre cannot play together, and also, Facey cant hit barn door with his own fat backside.

DixieDean said:
Matthew The Rover said:

So you are comparing purely on goals scored and nothing else?

You are quite happy to say "Dadi scored 10 so he's better than Facey". Well, Greenacre has only got 7, so are you saying Dadi is better than Him too? Of course he's not. Dadi was in a FAR MORE CREATIVE side (a side that scored more goals in a season than in a long long time).

This current team has no creative spark. Last season we had Paul Hall, Ian Hume & Ryan Taylor all creating plenty of goalscoring chances for the team.

This season we have NO CREATIVITY whatsoever. Dadi would not have scored a single goal if he'd played the games Facey has. Our style seems to be "lump it forward". Facey wins so many headers and gets flick-ons. Is it his fault if Greenacre always runs the wrong way? I take it the guys have actually been introduced and train together, but you never know with Mr Little in charge.

With our current style of play, Dadi would not have a chance. He would be on the floor constantly. The man would be a liability (as he was towards the end of his TRFC career and as he now is at Nottm Forest).

The team this season is nowhere near the standard of last season's team. Rankine is a shadow of himself and you don't need me to list the quality that has left, only to be replaced with rejects like Aiston.

So, although it seems blatantly obvious to blame Facey, I think sometimes you have to look at the overall picture before jumping to conclusions. Actually watch the lad during a game. Watch the support he (doesn't) get and watch how much running and closing down he does. He tends to get tired around the hour mark in the games I've seen, but that's understandable with the amount of pressure he puts on the opposing defenders. He work 99% harder than Dadi EVER did. And this season, we are going to need that kind of attitude more than ever. Could you actually imagine Dadi playing for a team fighting relegation? I'm just SOOO glad he's gone.

"Are you Little in disguise?"!

DixieDean

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
"Are you Little in disguise?"!

you havent actually read my post at all have you? :roll:

if you have, please tell me what part of it is pro Little?

DixieDean

Matthew The Rover said:
But if we buy a striker, I want one who scores goals, excuse me if I'm wrong but is that not their primary job?

Yes it is and I would reckon that Dadi's shots/goals ratio from last season is no better than Facey's when this season is over.

I mentioned this before but you seem to have ignored it, so I will type it again. Please read it this time. Maybe try reading it s-l-o-w-l-y Dadi was in a side that created a large amount of goal scoring chances last season. We scored more than any TRFC team in recent history last season. We are now playing a different style, which primarily means lumping it up to Facey. That's not his fault and there's no way Dadi would cope. Basically this team has NO CREATIVITY and is crying out for Hume, Hall and Taylor. Blaming strikers for not scoring in a team that doesn't create chances is a sign of someone who knows very little about the game of football.