• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Youth Cup 1st round

Player
Johnny Morrissey
As I missed the Johnstones Paints Trophy 1st round classic at Bury last week :lol: i'm off to Gigg Lane tonight to watch the youth team in action against Bury in the FA Youth Cup. Will be interesting to see the stars (hopefully) of the future. Will report tomorrow on their progress.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Bury 1- Tranmere 2

A game of 2 halves this one - well actually 4 halves! It went all the way into extra time but Tranmere finally won. 2 great goals by Luke Holden I believe. He actually looked a very poor player but gotta admit his first goal was a cracker. His second was direct from a corner! A crap cross in fairness that went in top corner!!!

It was a scrappy game, 1 st half Tranmere were rubbish and direct. 2nd half we played a lot better and the goal that was conceded was pretty poor.

As for stars for the future, I liked the look of striker John Corrigan. Quick, hard working, got a lovely touch but could do with some finishing practice as he missed 2 great chances in front of goal. Special mention for the goalie too. He was tiny and we asked some of the lads parents who we in the crowd about him and he was only 15. Peter Kennedy, made some great saves and if he could grow a bit he could be a decent goalie.