• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA Trophy Wrexham v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
southparkcharacters0228141280jpg-df0f59_1280w.jpg

Never thought we would end up playing a match against this lot. :eek:

In all seriousness, I have never heard of either team and they are two of the lowest ranked sides left in the competition. This is probably our most romantic cup draw since Brigg Town. Should be interesting and I think we will rotate the squad for this one.

Player
Manager
John King
Regardless of who wins the replay, this tie will apparently pit us against the lowest ranked team we have ever played in a competitive match.

North Leigh's average attendance this season is 85, South Park's 98. The two teams play in step 8 of the pyramid, three divisions below us.

Last edited:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Whoever we play, it will be a great day out for the away fans, the biggest day in their history. I'm sure the SWA will make them welcome. I just hope the team don't. If they do, we will have plumbed new depths in our history. However, I can't envisage a scenario where we'll lose.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
North Leigh's average attendance this season is 85, South Park's 98. The two teams play in step 8 of the pyramid, three divisions below us.
Unbelievable. Well, you have to say it's a very winnable tie.

drwhoman

Agree Ian. A step up from a park team. Unless they have players with a past pedigree they will find Prenton Park a big stadium.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
View attachment 43

Never thought we would end up playing a match against this lot. :eek:

In all seriousness, I have never heard of either team and they are two of the lowest ranked sides left in the competition. This is probably our most romantic cup draw since Brigg Town. Should be interesting and I think we will rotate the squad for this one.
If South Park then I can't imagine this lot coping with crosses to Andy Cook. ;)
If North Leigh, then at least it's not Eastleigh.

Player
Manager
John King
Lincoln's trophy tie against nantwich is now due to be played next Tuesday, and their league match that night postponed. All of which means if we get a point on Saturday we will be top at Christmas.

Player
Manager
John King
We are destined to play South Park in the next round. Winning the replay 3-0 with five minutes to go.

Interestingly, Macclesfield's game went to a replay which means they play again next Thursday, between their two games against us. Could be quite helpful to us, particularly with their small squad.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
The South Park captain reckons they will bring up to 500 fans to the game. It should be quite an occasion.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If that's right RLC then, assuming we get the expected win, it will doubtless be a great afternoon. It's an opportunity for them that may not be repeated. They'll be well received provided they behave.
Have waited for a draw like this for years and gutted to be missing it as I'm in Benidorm.